Advice on selling an AZ 2000 LX470 - Fix AHC or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll be selling our 2000 LX470 soon and would like your opinions on whether or not I should fix the AHC before posting? I know some/many people end up swapping with LC suspension... so am wondering if it makes sense to list it "as-is"? BTW, if anyone on here is in the market for an original AZ vehicle then PM me. I would like it to go to a MUD member

A brief summary (and a few photos to make it "real"):
  • Vehicle was purchased new from Scottsdale Lexus
  • I'm the 2nd owner (for ~4 years) who has known the original owner for ~20 years
  • 135k miles
  • Never taken off-road (the LX450 is used for that
  • It's up on all maintenance except...
  • ... the AHC went bad (twice now)
  • Fixed AHC by putting in new accumulators. Lasted a couple years or so then started getting very rough again
  • Has been parked since then... and all during COVID
Now the real part (small # of photos):
LX470.png

LX470 Engine Bay.png

LX470 Frontseat.png

LX470 Backseat.png

LX470 Center.png

Sent you a PM about the truck, looking for one for my mom (again).

If you're selling on BAT, get it fixed for sure. If selling on mud, I wouldn't bother. As expensive as the parts are, wouldn't be worth the hassle since most would do away with ahc.

As is. I doubt you'd get a return on that expense.

Nice for sale add.
It didn't start out as original intent... but I figured these questions would be asked (and people quite frequently ask for photos). So... "thanks??". Any opinion on the AHC?

Thanks to the others on their advice. I am not planning to put on BaT... and will post locally and regionally w/o fixing AHC first. I suppose if I get no takers (or get too many lowball offers), I'll revisit the plan. Thanks again for the advice.

Looks like a really well cared for vehicle otherwise. I would spend $500ish on some LC suspension and then ask a reasonable price. I think you would scare away a good portion of your buyers if the suspension has major issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom