CAROLINA RELIC RUN 2021 - Thanks for coming! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

James,

Has anybody from our club created a thread on the different clubhouse forums announcing the relic run event with links and dates? I notice that other clubs do that with their events to get the word out. I figure it might be something we try. There might be some people like me that done look at other clubhouse forums and doesn't know about the event.

just a suggestion, disregard if it was done already.

So want to register for this but I know if I do I'll wind up cutting corners on my LS swap. Hopefully I'll be a late addition and there will be space.

James,

Has anybody from our club created a thread on the different clubhouse forums announcing the relic run event with links and dates? I notice that other clubs do that with their events to get the word out. I figure it might be something we try. There might be some people like me that done look at other clubhouse forums and doesn't know about the event.

just a suggestion, disregard if it was done already.
I did this for prior events with mixed results. Some folks got pissed that I was spamming their forum.

Please feel free to post it in other club forums and let them know, I just didn't bother this time.

So want to register for this but I know if I do I'll wind up cutting corners on my LS swap. Hopefully I'll be a late addition and there will be space.

We always have a couple of walk-ups, so there will definitely be space. You just may not be guaranteed to get the size shirt you want, and we could always run out of other stuff, like the sweet patches that James mentioned earlier. Heck, come on out even if Dozer isn't done. Always good to see ya bud!

Yes - you should come. You can arrive in your Camry and walk from site to site with a wallet full of pics of your unfinished truck and tell everyone how cool it would have been.... ;)

Something something... Dark Side....

Something something..... complete....
star_wars6_movie_screencaps.com_13744.jpg

@matzell NC in June might be hot enough to cook your food on rocks at the end of the day, no fire needed.

I wouldn't worry too much about bringing a pit unless you wanna be far from the other people (you know, over there in your 'yellow sector quiet camp'). But if you have room then bring it anyway for JIC. The CLCC guys had a nice fire ring going last time. That's where the real action is anyway!

Anyone with connections to media (tv/radio/newspaper) that's willing to connect me so we can get some coverage before or during the event - please let me know.
That was David Smith's job. I guess all duties eventually pass on.

Maybe we can find the reporter that came out and contact him again?

Registered.... will bring my “scrap heap” back for more gravel riding....

because of how doodoo my work schedule is going to be for the foreseeable future, i probably will only have time to go Saturday. if i want to hit the trails with y'all, would i just need to show up prior to the vehicle inspection on Saturday?

Sure. Being there well before the main groups leave will give us time to inspect. If you show up as they're lining up, you may need to go with a later group.....Right now we have 62 trucks - lining them up in the morning will be impressive, but likely we're going to split up into groups when we hit the trails.

Can you imagine going one way on a trail and having to wait for 62 vehicles to pass?

Consider getting the full pass anyway. Most of what’s going on is Saturday. I personally don’t see much point to the day pass, Unless it’s truly a budget thing

@jamesurq Interested in coming but the china virus event "details" has gotten me curious. Is this going to be a normal type of event? I don't want to be an "iron butt" and travel a long way just to get told to get a mask on or get lost. I totally understand if you guys have to put the "requirements" out there to keep government off your back., I'm cool with that.

@jamesurq Interested in coming but the china virus event "details" has gotten me curious. Is this going to be a normal type of event? I don't want to be an "iron butt" and travel a long way just to get told to get a mask on or get lost. I totally understand if you guys have to put the "requirements" out there to keep government off your back., I'm cool with that.
I know @jamesurq is about to chim in, but we all met a few weeks ago and none of us wore a mask or thought about it. Its was a mask free zone.

NC moonshine should be on hand. Covid doesn’t stand a chance. ;)

Don’t sweat it. Go stop in at the Outpost when you get here if you have any doubts that we’ll be maskless in a big open field. :)

Registered, who’s going to beat me for the Iron Butt award? :)

Will anyone be there in non-relic trucks doing trails? It looks like I can stop in and stay 1 night and do a day of trails in the 100 on my way up to the mountains.

Probably come in on Friday night and ride Saturday

Will anyone be there in non-relic trucks doing trails? It looks like I can stop in and stay 1 night and do a day of trails in the 100 on my way up to the mountains.

Probably come in on Friday night and ride Saturday
There will be plenty of folks in non-relics. C'mon out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom