O2 Replacement on my 97 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm tracking down the P0130 and P0133 codes I have been getting for the last couple of months. Have replace the EGR valve and spark plugs and that has reduced my check engine light frequency, but I am still getting the P0133 code. I'm going to replace my O2 sensors next with these:

Denso 234-4153 Oxygen Sensor
Denso 234-4157 Oxygen Sensor (Air and Fuel Ratio Sensor)

Now, my exhaust is only about 4 years old since I replaced it with Magnaflow headers and the 2nd cat, so I don't expect I'll have too much trouble getting the O2 sensors out.

Have any of you had to buy additional parts to pull these out and replacement, assuming these won't be rusted? I want to make sure I get everything I need before tackling this job.

Hi all,

I'm tracking down the P0130 and P0133 codes I have been getting for the last couple of months. Have replace the EGR valve and spark plugs and that has reduced my check engine light frequency, but I am still getting the P0133 code. I'm going to replace my O2 sensors next with these:

Now, my exhaust is only about 4 years old since I replaced it with Magnaflow headers and the 2nd cat, so I don't expect I'll have too much trouble getting the O2 sensors out.

Have any of you had to buy additional parts to pull these out and replacement, assuming these won't be rusted? I want to make sure I get everything I need before tackling this job.
I would buy new gaskets and nuts as well.

Use anti-seize on the threads.

I would buy new gaskets and nuts as well.

Use anti-seize on the threads.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will replace both of those.

O2 sensor replace4.jpg

Awesome! Thanks Flintknapper. Hopefully this will also help the rest of the community down the line as well.

New gaskets came with my new denso sensors. But I didn't get Toyota branded parts. I had to cut the old 02 bungs off, welding on new bungs from yotashop.com this weekend.

Awesome! Thanks Flintknapper. Hopefully this will also help the rest of the community down the line as well.

Soak the studs down real well the night before. Take your time removing the old nuts.....especially if you are in the rust belt or an area where they salt the roads in the winter. You don't want to bugger up the threads. Then 'chase' the threads before installing the new O2's.

O2 sensor replacement8.jpg

O2 sensor replace1.jpg

I use copper nuts on my O2 sensors....easy off, no fuss

001.JPG
004 (1).JPG

Last edited:
My sensors should get here today and I’ll confirm they include the gaskets. Great idea on the copper nuts. I’ll order them now!

;)
002.JPG

Hi all,

Did thesse resolve your problem and have they worked well so far? How many miles on the replacement sensors?

I have about 300 miles on it so far and no more codes. Engine is running well I give it my seal of approval. I’d have more miles on it but I’ve been waiting weeks for my seatbelts to come back from Land Cruiser Heaven.

Just checking in to see if the O2 sensors fixed the issue long term. I'm getting the P0130 and P0133 codes very often on my 96 LX450.

Jason

Just checking in to see if the O2 sensors fixed the issue long term. I'm getting the P0130 and P0133 codes very often on my 96 LX450.

Jason
Yes, those fixed these codes for me, and permanently. Super cheap and easy to do too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom