Prinsu Rack Mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a Prinsu rack for my 2003 LC100 Series (Australian model). I had some feedback that the stock mounting locations on mine may not line up and that I may need to drop the headlining, add nut-serts etc. I've got 3 sets of bolts on each side so I'm 99% sure I don't have to do this and I'd assume the Aus/US models have same hole centres. Is someone able to confirm by measuring their rack?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a Prinsu rack for my 2003 LC100 Series (Australian model). I had some feedback that the stock mounting locations on mine may not line up and that I may need to drop the headlining, add nut-serts etc. I've got 3 sets of bolts on each side so I'm 99% sure I don't have to do this and I'd assume the Aus/US models have same hole centres. Is someone able to confirm by measuring their rack?

Thanks in advance.
What measurements do you want?

I’m all loaded down ready for a trip so it’s hard to measure super well, but the farthest forward bolt on the front mounting base is roughly 35-11/16 inches from the front mounting bolt on the middle base. It is then roughly 28 inches from the front bolt of the middle base to the front bolt of the back base.

If no one has done you better when I get back in a week I will get better numbers.

This is a US spec 2001 LX470.

I am guessing you have four sets of holes in the roof for roof racks. My 2003 has the three sets of holes for the stock roof rack and then one more set of holes further back from the front set. Those are for the factory two bar rack.

I’m all loaded down ready for a trip so it’s hard to measure super well, but the farthest forward bolt on the front mounting base is roughly 35-11/16 inches from the front mounting bolt on the middle base. It is then roughly 28 inches from the front bolt of the middle base to the front bolt of the back base.

If no one has done you better when I get back in a week I will get better numbers.

This is a US spec 2001 LX470.
The distance between front and middle mounting bolts seems different. Have attached my measurements here. I did see some talk of another mounting spot hidden by the gutter trim - did you have to do this?

Screenshot_20210421-082418_Gallery.jpg

I am guessing you have four sets of holes in the roof for roof racks. My 2003 has the three sets of holes for the stock roof rack and then one more set of holes further back from the front set. Those are for the factory two bar rack.
Do you mean 4 sets on each side? So 3 visible and 1 hidden by trim? There may be holes further forward than the ones I've measured above by the looks of utflowerman's measurements.

Yes, I had to uncover another mounting location. In the US that is unique to the LX and isn’t necessary on the LC from what I recall.

This is great info thank you! - any chance you have a higher-resolution version? Hard to see some of the measurements
Sorry, I know it isn't great. Somebody out there has to have a high res version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom