FZJ 105 - Type G steeiles - part number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know how to find the part number for the Type G steeiles that came on the FZJ105s? I see it shown on parts diagrams, but they do not show the part number for that specific style. I'm guessing they are discontinued. I've been searching everywhere, but I'm coming up short.

If anyone knows a contact or shop in Australia that might have a bunch of these laying around, that would be great. They have to be available somewhere.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 10.03.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 10.20.40 PM.png

View attachment 2649601
That's it @Toyoland66! I was searching all over last night. I'm not very experienced at navigating Partsouq. Thanks for the assistance.

Title typo- Change your title to 105 otherwise peeps might think your asking about a GX/Prado
Thanks for pointing that out.

I’m not sure but the offset on that 105 wheel looks totally different than the IFS offset we got here in the states. It might work, it might have way too much poke.

I’m not sure but the offset on that 105 wheel looks totally different than the IFS offset we got here in the states. It might work, it might have way too much poke.

Yes, I made the mistake to install new tires on a set for my LX470. Tires were sticking out around 2-3". Next mistake I made is to throw the rims in the dumpster.

The axles are different between the 100’s and 105’s. Not sure how well they will look on a US spec truck. The 105 axle housing is more like an 80 series. Those are also available......

View attachment 2650778
What do you think will be the problem? Granted, the front is IFS, but it's my understanding that the rear axle is the same as an 80. What would be the issue? I haven't seen anyone in the states running this exact set of steelies, but I've seen some running the other 105 steelies and they appeared fine in pictures.

What do you think will be the problem? Granted, the front is IFS, but it's my understanding that the rear axle is the same as an 80. What would be the issue? I haven't seen anyone in the states running this exact set of steelies, but I've seen some running the other 105 steelies and they appeared fine in pictures.
Well the rear 105 axle has a different width than the 100 rear axle. The 105 axle is full floater and the 100 is semi float. Different bore diameters etc. @Onur and I are going through this issue right now on an upcoming project. I don’t believe those wheels are going to do what you hope they will do on a US spec 100 series.

Well the rear 105 axle has a different width than the 100 rear axle. The 105 axle is full floater and the 100 is semi float. Different bore diameters etc. @Onur and I are going through this issue right now on an upcoming project. I don’t believe those wheels are going to do what you hope they will do on a US spec 100 series.
@jmlockwood excuse the ignorance, but what would full float vs semi float & different bore diameters have to do with wheel fitment? I can see how the width of the axle and hubs would be a big factor.

Is the 100 axle wider or narrower than the 105?

@raanderson77 ill let @Onur or maybe @SNLC chime in on the specifics. We are working on some stuff for a SAS on a US spec truck. We ordered a new 105 front axle housing but it’s a different width than the rear 100 axle. So we ordered a new 105 rear axle housing as well to ensure the track widths are the same. So given those width issues alone there will be some backspace issues.

934A4DCC-6126-44CA-A1FE-609521CA994D.jpeg

These are a different offset than a 100. The 100 track width is wider than a 105 at the wms so Toyota used different wheels to get the same track width on the 105.

Cheers

@onemanarmy WMS to WMS, 105/80 are the same or very close.

@raanderson77 They will likely work or can be made to work. I believe those wheel have a zero offset.... and there are others on the board running zero offset wheels. Tires will stick out 60mm more per side, than stock. Pinch weld mods needed plus whatever else.

@onemanarmy WMS to WMS, 105/80 are the same or very close.

@raanderson77 They will likely work or can be made to work. I believe those wheel have a zero offset.... and there are others on the board running zero offset wheels. Tires will stick out 60mm more per side, than stock. Pinch weld mods needed plus whatever else.
I run zero offset wheels (not because they were my first choice, but because they're what I could get my hands on--not all of us are willing to pay $ hundreds/wheel for shipping from partsouq!).
Mine are 16x6's and my tires are pretty slender, so nothing pokes out and no mods to anything were needed. I had it in my head that standard offset was +50mm, but may well just be getting old.

This is +28mm offset with 35x11.5 tires and it has 1" or more of up travel left.

IMG_0476.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom