craigslist Ellijay GA: 1988 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 4Runner
Mileage
Color
rgb(110, 105, 105)
Outside Link
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/atlanta-1988-toyota-4runner/7305496331.html
Craigslist add claims new engine installed by ACC. Truck looks nice:

yeah...I have an 89 with the auto (and, gasp, 3.0). Horrible combo, to be sure...but perfect for a 3.4 swap. 22RE/Auto, not as horrible, but a far cry from a 5-speed.

I don’t have a bad opinion on the 3.0’s. I had one in a 92 4x4 extended cab. As long as you had the head gaskets redone it was a great engine with plenty power IMO. Mine was very reliable.

I’ve had 3 of the 3.0 engines. 1990 4Runner (family owned from new), 1995 4Runner and this 1989.

The second gens had 5-speeds and were “okay”, even in Colorado where we lived.

This first Gen (with stock gears and 33s), 3.0 and auto is the worst. I did it to myself, and I knew what I was doing, so...

To answer the above...sorta. There have been some pristine, low mileage, original first gens and some pristine resto-mods selling on the high teens to low twenties. There was an immaculate 1985 that sold north of 40 and one advertised for high 40s that I never saw sell.

I looked at it and drove it today. Its got a bad re-spray on it and some Bondo on the drivers quarter. Mechanically it’s rocksolid though! Interior is a 9.5 out of 10 all original including radio. Mechanically, 9/10. Seller in a tough spot as she sent me $12k on receipts from ACC in Atlanta. Bought it out of Washington with unknown failed HG and put new engine in at ACC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom