Other than the blasphemy... (45LV) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
...what do you all think about fitment and functionality on an FJ45LV?
1618766417375.png

I'm looking for something that will be a little better functionality-wise than the 55 mirrors. But yet I don't want to completely destroy the vibe. I have some old school truck mirrors that I think would look pretty nice. Maybe I'll post pictures of those later. These Jeep mirrors are 40 bucks for a pair and our modern functionality.

I would look to the 45 Pickup mirrors for additional functionality. You can even go with a convex mirror for better visibility.

What‘s the improved functionality your looking for?

Larger and convex pass side
Bet you could take the 55 ones someplace and have a convex put in? If you want something larger, maybe just get one of the bigger, convex rounded semi-rectangular ones from the 40s.

Personally I just signal for a full block before I want to change lanes ;)

LV that adapted the 40/45 telescoping mirrors. It's tough to tell exactly how it's mounted....possibly to the upper hinge? This type of mirror could also be mounted to the door so the telescoping arm could be much shorter. (image was taken from an article on bring-a-trailer). 67 LV Article on BaT

fj45LV Side Mirror.jpg

On my old LV I did the convex thing with the 55 mirrors and it turned out great. I bought the cheap 5" convex mirror from Pep Boys, ground the plastic housing down and removed the glass. The entire mirror is convex and gives great visibility. Doing the same with the new LV.

Here's a few pics of my 55 mirror with the convex glass. Not only does the 55 mirror look like it was made for the 45LV but mounting on the door gives great visibility. Fender mounted mirrors are too far away from the driver and we're a bad idea even in the 50s.
IMG_20210501_161032084.jpg

IMG_20210501_162022852.jpg
IMG_20210501_161040338.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom