80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, Once again, I don’t have any list going so to speak since there’s been issues with them in the past so I recommend “watching” the thread and subscribing to email notifications.

I’m making good progress on finishing out my new garage. Structural issues have been fixed, electrical has been run in the ceiling and I’m almost done with the sheetrock. Next up is lighting and electrical in walls for tools then work benches/final set up so optimistically I’ll be able to get something going this spring! Thanks for everyone’s patience!
actively monitoring...god speed on your to do's, cause I would love to sign up for one

Got caught up reading this thread. I'm also very interested in one for my rig.

Would you be willing to do a call out/ cut sheet for the raw materials and ship the smaller bits? Would save on shipping big time!

I have no desire to sell off the plans. The entire kit actually fits into a pretty reasonably sized box but the weight is what it’s based off and a lot of that is from the smaller pieces like the spindle and plates.

Keeping you guys in the loop with some updates:

First off, if you’re interested in a swing out kit, ‘watch’ this thread and subscribe for email notifications or check out Summit Cruisers on Instagram or Facebook. I update all three so for those of you who find it easier to check Facebook or Instagram, that’s another option. .

I’m hoping to have some stuff going in the near future. I’m working on some redesigned components, talking with new suppliers in regards to some components, and wrapping up renovating my space. I didn’t originally plan to upgrade the entire electrical service coming in, but it isn’t going to cut it so I’m waiting on permitting for that at the moment.

Last edited:
Spring is in the air! Hope your garage build is coming together nicely.

For those of us interested in Southern California, are we able to cut your shipping costs by doing multiple orders on the same pallet? Just a thought...

I’ve never thought of something like that due to the more random nature of swing out destinations, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Someone else would need to take responsibility of that shipment and getting them where they need to go once out there assuming everyone is on board with that method.

I’ve never thought of something like that due to the more random nature of swing out destinations, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Someone else would need to take responsibility of that shipment and getting them where they need to go once out there assuming everyone is on board with that method.

I’d be down for a group ship as long as they’re shipped to SoCal by July. :) I’ll be moving out of state in Aug.

I’m located in Los Angeles area but can travel a bit into OC or Ventura county. Happy to help in any way.

Spring is in the air! Hope your garage build is coming together nicely.

For those of us interested in Southern California, are we able to cut your shipping costs by doing multiple orders on the same pallet? Just a thought...
That's a great idea....I'm in SF Bay Area, San Jose specifically.

After reading through the thread, it looks like there’s 4-5 guys in SoCal (from Santa Barbara south) and about 3-4 guys in NorCal (Bay area up to Sac). Maybe we break it up - If you want to send the packaging size I can try and work out the logistics and see how many we could get on a pallet.

Californians - I’d have to have 100% commitment when these are available. It may not make sense in the long run but it’s worth checking into. I’m happy to pay for shipping for my own package but figured this was a savvy way to afford a few extra happy meals!

So far there’s 5 of us in CA with 6 total orders.

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr - do you remember the dimensions of the boxes you shipped out previously? Another thought...are we able to consolidate boxes by combining multiple orders in the same box? This may be easier than the pallet route.

Hey guys. This is a shot from the hip set of numbers, but I feel like the kits show up in approximately a 10x8x24" box. Shipping weight was like 65-70 pounds I think. This is based upon a kit that I had in hand 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom