New Tool: AHC Height Measurement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m recently new to the 100. Spent a lot of time with the 80’s and wanted to try something newer. Picked up a 109k ‘06 LX and am currently doing some basic maintenance. One item it needed was the AHC to be adjusted for balance and pressure. I’ve read a lot of posts on the topic that covers everything one should know. However, I always found the center of wheel to fender measurement not precise enough when “eyeballing” it. So, I drafted up an idea I had in my head to ensure I get as precise as possible without any guess work.
This will work with the wheel in any position and also with a wheel lock and hub cap. It’s designed to allow the user to install and take measurement exactly from the center of the wheel. The center fits a tape measure and is offset to be on centerline. I designed it to be a 4-piece set that clips together without any fasteners. Each of the feet freely rotate to fit the lug nut and the tape measure center rotates for any orientation. There is some room for improvement, but it works really well. Great tool to have in the garage.
9F8750CD-B750-40DC-9587-86FF617D881B.jpeg
ADA2B1E6-6ADC-4918-89A4-543C1D2C5F4A.jpeg
AB7EC575-8382-41EA-8B4F-1B10D1B9195D.jpeg
AB7B7EA4-A003-40FC-9864-FECB0B4D289F.jpeg
900D571B-13EE-41C3-AB59-82AD98948732.jpeg

Looks to be good for anyone who wants an accurate height measurement.

That's awesome. Raw HP MJF? Looks familiar.

I'd gladly be a reseller for those if you want a sales outlet without putting up a storefront of your own. Not sure I could print that economically on my printer, but perhaps I could help sell em. Either way, I would gladly buy this for myself. Please let me know if you sell them!

Nice work!

That's awesome. Raw HP MJF? Looks familiar.

I'd gladly be a reseller for those if you want a sales outlet without putting up a storefront of your own. Not sure I could print that economically on my printer, but perhaps I could help sell em. Either way, I would gladly buy this for myself. Please let me know if you sell them!

Nice work!
Much appreciated!
I am going to make some adjustments and check volume pricing. It nicely fits into a small rate box so shipping will be standard US wide.
HP MJF is good but I think PETG will be better for this application.

Kewl. I want one.

I am interested in a set as well.

Update: PETG is very hard to work with for this project. I may need to change the print setup to achieve a better finish but I think sticking to dyed black HP MJF is excellent for this application. I am doing another revision to make it a better fit and will produce in HP MJF. Will update once completed.
As for pricing - it would be just around $60 before shipping. A little less if we can get to 25 orders. USPS Flat Rate Small Box - $7.90

Below is the PETG version. Rough around the edges and may require some shaving to make it fit. HP MJF has sharp edges and very clean finish.
2BD57B69-9172-41BC-93C3-F8E561447E8F.jpeg
30CCA31F-404F-48E1-BA40-EDBAFD7C05B9.jpeg
D65308EC-86D7-4D50-9EA5-D0BC87CB3AEE.jpeg

The final version is ready. Made a short video about it and how it is assembled. These are made to order and about a 2 week lead time. Pricing is $75 shipped anywhere in the US.

That's awesome. I'm in for one. One question. The tape measure slot - how wide is that?

And then.... how do I order?

Reactions: jLB
That's awesome. I'm in for one. One question. The tape measure slot - how wide is that?

And then.... how do I order?
The slot is 22mm x 4mm
I will accept PayPal to keep everything easier. Please include your address in the notes and send as friends and family.
I will give a few days for others to place orders so I can do a larger production run with the MJF process.

-Pavel Milke

23D4042A-D5E2-46CE-BC35-2B3E86C34F6A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom