94 FJ80 - No CEL light but runs fine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He announces on the Facebook Group "TOYOBD1 Users" when he has more units available for purchase but they go extremely fast.

He announces on the Facebook Group "TOYOBD1 Users" when he has more units available for purchase but they go extremely fast.
ugh..I dont FB. Ive registered on his sight and put the item on my wishlist so perhaps that counts for something....or not

The wishlist dos not work only FB
So got one of the Toyocoms from the seller . I pulled the cover on the diagnostic port and it was full of what appeared to be lithium grease. All the spade holes were chock full of the stuff. The only thing I can think of is someone along the line was trying to prevent water intrusion? Anyway, I used a fair amount of electronic cleaner to try and clean it up and plugged in the reader. It powered up and connected just fine but there was zero data coming through.

I selected the 1FZ-FE on the configuration but didn't really update any of the other parameters like injectors etc. Do all of those need to be set up before data will stream to the unit?

So got one of the Toyocoms from the seller . I pulled the cover on the diagnostic port and it was full of what appeared to be lithium grease. All the spade holes were chock full of the stuff. The only thing I can think of is someone along the line was trying to prevent water intrusion? Anyway, I used a fair amount of electronic cleaner to try and clean it up and plugged in the reader. It powered up and connected just fine but there was zero data coming through.

I selected the 1FZ-FE on the configuration but didn't really update any of the other parameters like injectors etc. Do all of those need to be set up before data will stream to the unit?
IDK about the Toyocom reader and programming, but the plug on the truck is SUPPOSED to be that way. That grease is from the factory. Keeps corrosion out of the plug under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom