Events/Trails Camping trip - City of Rocks State Park, near Silver City. April 16 - 18, 2021 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DAMN! Can't say I'm loving that! You know where there are NONE? Chicago.....good to stay home this weekend. You guys have fun and stay safe (and obviously pay attention to the ground!)
I'd rather take my chances with rattlers than thugs in Chicago.

What are others planning to do during the day other than exploring around the rocks? Never been to this campsite before and am curious what others will be doing
Im gonna probably be poking around for fishing spots...

Any rally points/ caravan action tomorrow? I am gonna try and hit the road early but won't be upset if I leave at noon.

I will be packing my .22 and hopefully bring in some rattler steaks!!!

Yup. Watch out for the Mojave green rattlers. I have seen 2 of them here at my place. They are extremely aggressive, they don't just coil and rattle like a prairie rattler. They will chase after you. Remember to step on rocks to get over them, don't just step over.
Hijack warning...

Thoughts on this guy...Mojave Green? He was fat and not aggressive but we stayed 5' + away.

IMG_0130.jpeg

Justin,

I'm unsure of our ETD as I'm STILL fabricating on the camper :bang: I'll text you as we are pulling out but it won't be before noon, I'm thinking.

A good place for a convoy to meetup before heading south is at the dirt lot across from Subway, Gibson exit off of I-25. This is an easy on/off freeway access. Starbuck's is next door :cool:

35.058740018239604, -106.63563933021219

I'll update this thread as we're pulling out and have a better ETD.

Ham radio freq 146.400

Hijack warning...

Thoughts on this guy...Mojave Green? He was fat and not aggressive but we stayed 5' + away.

View attachment 2646783

Sure looks like a Mojave to me. The easiest way to tell for sure is by looking at the head. A Mojave will have 2 scales between the eyes.

We’re leaving at 10:00 since it takes us longer to get there.

Any rally points/ caravan action tomorrow? I am gonna try and hit the road early but won't be upset if I leave at noon.

I will be packing my .22 and hopefully bring in some rattler steaks!!!

I guess I'm a second for .22

Damn rattlesnakes... but I needed a reason to wear my 6 shooter =P

I"m running way behind so I'm not sure when I"m hitting I-25 :bang:

I guess I'm a second for .22

Damn rattlesnakes... but I needed a reason to wear my 6 shooter =P
Not about rattlesnakes or .22’s. Have you arrived Aaron?

Never mind, the confirmation says they can give away your spot if you don't contact them by 4pm the day after your scheduled arrival date. Looks like we're good to go. See you guys by the fire?

No closed gate, just a bunch of signs saying it and some cones near the booth that we drove around.

Hopefully you all stayed warm last night. Woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground here this morning.

The City of Rocks group had warmer weather the us at the Daily Grind. Hope you all had a great time. Both meetings turned out well.

Sure looks like a Mojave to me. The easiest way to tell for sure is by looking at the head. A Mojave will have 2 scales between the eyes.
I hope to never be close enough to be able to tell how many scales a snake has between its eyes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom