Thinking of Selling- Help with Value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would definitely think you’re high 30’s and maybe into the 40’s. Again, location and how you advertise will matter. If you’re open to shipping (on buyers dime, basically just meeting the shipper), you open a much bigger market than your local Craigslist.

Well, I have a stock 1969 and yours has many parts from newer model years. The steering column , gauge cluster, seats are immediately seen. Nothing wrong with that but when parts are from many years , one questions what it really is. A nice thing is many FJ40 parts can interchange one way or another. That said, like others on here , have seen that not being an issue at all. A real purist may have an issue. I would list it on BAT with a high reserve and judge the interest. Who knows, you may get more than you think.

Well, I have a stock 1969 and yours has many parts from newer model years. The steering column , gauge cluster, seats are immediately seen. Nothing wrong with that but when parts are from many years , one questions what it really is. A nice thing is many FJ40 parts can interchange one way or another. That said, like others on here , have seen that not being an issue at all. A real purist may have an issue. I would list it on BAT with a high reserve and judge the interest. Who knows, you may get more than you think.

Yep, I think most of us have FJrankenstiens.

Bring a Trailer with a reserve . From watching on there and occasionally bidding. Be available to answer questions during the auction. Post a start up and driving video and take pictures top and bottom from every angle. More pictures is better. Find a nice background for your pics. It would think It may get you into the $40's with any luck. It looks great , More documentation is better. Odds are strong that the buyer will be a first time owner

FYI- I posted on Craigslist while I was working on the BringaTrailer listing (it takes like 3 weeks to get listed there, for reference). Had a few hits and a guy from a city over came and gave me $36K for it. So she's gone, sold in less than a week officially from when I listed it. Might have gotten more for it- but I liked the guy and I like where my (now his) FJ was going (a good home). So that was worth the bit of extra money and hassle I gave up.

FYI- I posted on Craigslist while I was working on the BringaTrailer listing (it takes like 3 weeks to get listed there, for reference). Had a few hits and a guy from a city over came and gave me $36K for it. So she's gone, sold in less than a week officially from when I listed it. Might have gotten more for it- but I liked the guy and I like where my (now his) FJ was going (a good home). So that was worth the bit of extra money and hassle I gave up.

Haven't followed this thread but not sure how long you owned it. See some of the same changed I've to my 68. But it's never leaving. Have a 70 that pretty much stock except for a 2F transplant. Someone offered me $36K would have a hard time refusing it.

Dang, was hoping you were coming down to the cruise. Was gonna go on a Daniel Boone Natl Forest cruiser adventure after that. Oh well, guess I'm rolling solo.

Dang, was hoping you were coming down to the cruise. Was gonna go on a Daniel Boone Natl Forest cruiser adventure after that. Oh well, guess I'm rolling solo.

I would have loved to man, but the farm life > FJ life in my case and I was able to get fair money, so had to let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom