Any updates on IronMan Foam cell lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I ordered the Icon stage 1 shocks with the OME bars and springs a few weeks ago and just found out that everything is on intergalactic back order. At least 4 months. I'm not a very patient person so looked into the IronMan foam cell kit with the front diff drop and everything and they have it all in stock. My question is has anyone recently installed the Ironman kit with the foam cell shocks and what was your opinion on quality/ride/handling etc. TIA!!

I like my fcp’s

I don't have the springs or torsion bars, but I have their FCP shocks and I love the. I had an early batch that slightly leaked after a couple years and Ironman was great about swapping them out on the spot. Great service whenever I've dealt with them. I've heard their torsion bar spring rate is a little higher than the OME bars, so better if you have a little weight up front, but no personal experience. People will probably chime in on that.

I have the full FCP kit and really like it. The bars are def beefy and I like the handling. I have an LX and never knew what the AHC felt like in it's prime, it felt like a boat honestly. I think the FCP feels more like my 80 series did in a good way. I am about to install the TT sway bar links which should take a slight amount of body roll, but with that, the FCP kit and 285s the truck feels super stable.

I plan on ordering a ARB front bumper whenever they become available again and my MT sliders are supposed to ship out today so that's good news on the torsion bars. I'm going after a firmer but not overly stiff ride if that makes any sense.

I had the IronMan TBs, springs and IronMan Amateurs (or whatever they call the non-Pros) shocks for around 60,000 miles. I just replaced the shocks with Pros. They're better than what came out. But, what came out had 60,000 miles. I suspect the E-rated tires add a bit to the harshness on small stuff.

Like tires, shocks are hard to evaluate - we usually replace worn out with new... always an upgrade. Maybe I'll buy five brands and do a heads-up test... yeah... and start YouTube channel ;)

Well I ordered the Icon stage 1 shocks with the OME bars and springs a few weeks ago and just found out that everything is on intergalactic back order. At least 4 months. I'm not a very patient person so looked into the IronMan foam cell kit with the front diff drop and everything and they have it all in stock. My question is has anyone recently installed the Ironman kit with the foam cell shocks and what was your opinion on quality/ride/handling etc. TIA!!
I went with the ICON Stage 3 and was also told the same when I placed my order 3 weeks ago and it was delivered within 2 weeks. They are all caught up on orders and have all parts in to build the shocks.

I went with the ICON Stage 3 and was also told the same when I placed my order 3 weeks ago and it was delivered within 2 weeks. They are all caught up on orders and have all parts in to build the shocks.
That's what the sales associate thought but he called to double check before I cancelled my order and he verified with Icon it was going to be 14-16 weeks minimum

That's what the sales associate thought but he called to double check before I cancelled my order and he verified with Icon it was going to be 14-16 weeks minimum
My buddy ordered his stage 7 Tundra kit at ORW in Corona, CA 2 days ago and ICON said it will be hand delivered Monday afternoon since they are just a city away from each other. Even King is caught up now except for the custom built shocks. The King OEM 100 series kits are available the day you order them from what my friend said that works down at King. If only I had waited another week but I’m super happy with my stage 3 kit and it rides like a dream compared to the Bilsteins, OME and Ironman that I’ve had before. I’d highly recommend waiting and buying the ICONS, the ride trumps the Ironman foam cells in ride quality. I couldn’t stand them for more than a year and was happy when the ICONS came to rip them off. Although the ride of the Foam Cells is much more tolerant on the trail than the OME shocks. Seems ORW in Corona and Poly Performance in SLO are getting priority processing and tend to be the cheapest list price I’ve found when I was shopping ICON and even King.

Last edited:
I ordered the Ironman FCP 2” kit on Sunday and haven’t heard anything. Order status still says “Awaiting fulfillment.” Just sent them a message and will report back if I hear anything.

I ordered the Ironman FCP 2” kit on Sunday and haven’t heard anything. Order status still says “Awaiting fulfillment.” Just sent them a message and will report back if I hear anything.
From my experience they were pretty fast, I think it took the kit about a week to get to me in March.

I plan on ordering a ARB front bumper whenever they become available again and my MT sliders are supposed to ship out today so that's good news on the torsion bars. I'm going after a firmer but not overly stiff ride if that makes any sense.
It's def not overly stiff in my opinion, my LX feels super comfy but stable if that makes sense. I set it up to have 1 inch higher rake in the rear for any gear I load and the rear bumper I plan to build.

I've had my Ironman FCP stage 2 kit on for almost a year now. I paired this with a set of SPC UCAs. My LC does not have any weight adders other than a pair of MetalTech rock sliders. I also don't have the 3rd row seats installed. I'm running on 33" Cooper load E tires. I find my setup definitely stiffer than the OEM suspsension on OEM 18" tires, but still comfortable. I also find my LC rides better with more weight, as suggested by others.

I installed a set of foam cell pro shocks on a customers vehicle six months or so ago, they ride great.

Ordered 2” FCP kit w/ diff drop April 11, delivered May 3, installed yesterday. When I purchased the vehicle the AHC had been cut out and replaced with a strutmasters kit, so a comparison isn’t super-helpful, but it’s WAY better. Truck feels planted but not too firm. Very happy so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom