Josh’s official vehicle search thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this. Picking it up Saturday.

I did a video chat with him. Saw everything. Talked for a while. It’s solid. It’s a great compromise. I wanted a bikini type top anyway and blue is my favorite color. It’s really perfect for me. 22RE, solid truck, will fit in garage, nice and clean, seats for my kids if I need to take them somewhere, AC, properly maintained. It’s a compromise of practical and fun with a little more of a nudge towards fun. Thanks everyone for helping me out! I’ll bring it out this spring so you guys can check it out and pick it apart! Haha.

I bought this. Picking it up Saturday.

That is what I am talking about! I had a blue one like that as my first 4Runner. Great little truck. Good luck with it. You should get about 24 mpg out of that highway.

Does it have the one piece rear seat or the two piece? I believe the one piece was U.S. installed to get by as a two seater not a suv. I have had both in the ones that I have had.

1618362792161.jpeg

My flight lands in Denver around 10 on Saturday. Then I driver her home solo. I’m praying all goes well! That’s a hike. After I get home and get everything all sorted I’ll change all the fluids etc... over the first week or so.
Stop at a Harbor Freight for a cheap set of tools on the way home. And don't forget to check with your insurance company about any towing policy that might apply.

Don't forget your DMV purchasers permit. $5. Print at home.

Used them a couple of times. Never had a problem on some very long drives.

Looks like a great 4Runner.
Denver is only a days drive. :)

Enjoy the vast nothingness of western Kansas.

Second the recommendations above on towing (aaa), dmv, and some tools along with a multimeter.

pick up a small cooler and supplied, water etc. Just in case you end up on the side of the road. I hope you make it home without issue, do not push it in the mountains, just drive Ms. Daisy home!

You might want to pick up some fluids just in case. Engine oil, 10-40, coolant, water. Imagine gear lube should be ok. Also check tire pressure before you leave to be sure. I would run about 30-32 psi. And check the air in the spare tire and look for the jack and tools to change it. Should be in cubby hole in rear side panel, I think on the left.

And some cassettes. I'll bet that thing hums along the highway all the way home without a hitch.
Bonus points if you can find some at a truck stop somewhere! Then you’ll know that it was all meant to be.

I’ll get the DMV thing, bill of sale, stop at HF and get some tools, get a cooler and extra oil and coolant, say a prayer, and hopefully get home with absolutely no problem. USAA is our insurance so I will obviously get everything all sorted with them before I ever pull out. I’m nervous, but excited for the mini adventure. I plan on documenting it with my video camera. Maybe making a video or something....

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom