Events/Trails Camping trip - City of Rocks State Park, near Silver City. April 16 - 18, 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, but we're going to have to pass. Hope everyone has a good time.

Hey... somebody google that for me..... Sorry
I just checked the website, and called the office number and got a recorded message. As far as I can tell there are no fire restrictions at this time.

With this in mind it might be good if those that have some could bring a bit of wood If we want to have a fire in the evening. There is none available at the park. And we’ll be there for 2 nights.

What are others planning to do during the day other than exploring around the rocks? Never been to this campsite before and am curious what others will be doing

What are others planning to do during the day other than exploring around the rocks? Never been to this campsite before and am curious what others will be doing
If you’re into soaking in hot mineral water go to Faywood Springs which is just a few miles from the park. There are group pools and private pools. Don’t know how Covid has affected them. It’ll be on your left as you drive in from the west.

I'm bringing two MTBs , three if I can make it work so that we can tool around but a trip to the hot pools will happen if they're open. Maybe a drive to Silver City and check out the downtown touristy scene may also happen. Or just nap.....

I'm bringing two MTBs , three if I can make it work so that we can tool around but a trip to the hot pools will happen if they're open. Maybe a drive to Silver City and check out the downtown touristy scene may also happen. Or just nap.....
I would be up for a Silver City excursion. I haven't been there in probably 20 years.

I would be up for a Silver City excursion. I haven't been there in probably 20 years.
Neither my wife or I have ever been down to silver city so that sounds fun to go see the area as well as the hot pools! Thinking of bringing my bikes as well but I didn't know if there's decent places to ride on

Neither my wife or I have ever been down to silver city so that sounds fun to go see the area as well as the hot pools! Thinking of bringing my bikes as well but I didn't know if there's decent places to ride on
there are trails all around the park, most likely mountain bike friendly.

I will not be joining this camp out, just received news that my father in law has passed away. My wife and I are headed to Arizona to be with family

I will not be joining this camp out, just received news that my father in law has passed away. My wife and I are headed to Arizona to be with family
I have canceled my reservation in spot 8

Oh man, sorry to hear that Jacob, my condolences to your wife.

Just got this from another fellar who will be joining us but not part of this club.

Didn’t want to post this on an open forum/Facebook group, but was told by a Deming resident that rattlers are out early this year and especially to watch out camping in places like City of Rocks. In particular, in that part of the world the Mojave Rattler is an issue: they are particularly lethal with a mix of toxins and are known to be aggressive and territorial.

Just got this from another fellar who will be joining us but not part of this club.

Didn’t want to post this on an open forum/Facebook group, but was told by a Deming resident that rattlers are out early this year and especially to watch out camping in places like City of Rocks. In particular, in that part of the world the Mojave Rattler is an issue: they are particularly lethal with a mix of toxins and are known to be aggressive and territorial.
Yup. Watch out for the Mojave green rattlers. I have seen 2 of them here at my place. They are extremely aggressive, they don't just coil and rattle like a prairie rattler. They will chase after you. Remember to step on rocks to get over them, don't just step over.

DAMN! Can't say I'm loving that! You know where there are NONE? Chicago.....good to stay home this weekend. You guys have fun and stay safe (and obviously pay attention to the ground!)

Yup. Watch out for the Mojave green rattlers. I have seen 2 of them here at my place. They are extremely aggressive, they don't just coil and rattle like a prairie rattler. They will chase after you. Remember to step on rocks to get over them, don't just step over.
Yikes! I thought I would just have to worry about the prairie rattlers in the E. Mtns. Now I have to pay attention to a different species?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom