How serious is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, been AWOL for a bit, life gets in the way. I noticed this morning, that oil/grease is leaking from both steering knuckles....Axle shaft seals? Still pretty new to this whole Cruiser thing, but learning and enjoying finding out more about my ’91’. So here is the deal, pretty sure this topic has been brought up before. I have tried to find away to search for those post on this site....yet to no avail. Not sure what I am doing or if its because I am using an iPad Pro and not all the sites buttons are coming up....so if any member can walk me through the library or pin posts on this subject will be awesome. The second part....What vendors out their are honest and reasonable for parts.

hopefully I can post a couple of pics.....Thank you...any help is appreciative!

C65E5791-E6A5-4715-83BD-D09F0D4F9E3A.jpeg

C90AAF84-FC9E-47EA-9D2A-C2ED3DD29CAD.jpeg

DA6A7962-F07B-482D-92F1-5A3EDF8B59C1.jpeg

I'd start here

I'd start here

Thank You!!!!

I'd start here

Thank you

Thank You!!!!
NP, the search can be annoying if you don't know the terminology. Usually, I always start at the FAQ which is at the top of the 80 series threads. I'm in the process of saving $ and ordering parts for this exact job. I would suggest you look up cruiser brothers, Toyota parts deal, wits-end or just surf the vendor section for a parts supplier. Most all those listed in that thread are reliable.

good luck

NP, the search can be annoying if you don't know the terminology. Usually, I always start at the FAQ which is at the top of the 80 series threads. I'm in the process of saving $ and ordering parts for this exact job. I would suggest you look up cruiser brothers, Toyota parts deal, wits-end or just surf the vendor section for a parts supplier. Most all those listed in that thread are reliable.

good luck
Thank you, I am not completely mechanically inept....But I am learning...Discovered replacing the waterpump in a cruzr not the same as replacing one in a ford/chevy. 😂 but got her done and no leaks. So replace/rebuild this area on my Cruzr will be another new adventure. I’m not afraid....I’m not afraid...I’m not afraid......yikes! what have I got myself into? Lol 😂

Time for a knuckle rebuild! @cruiseroutfit Cruiser Outfitters AKA CruiserTeq is your go-to source for all the parts you need.

Looks like its time for a rebuild.
But also... see how the top half of the ball is dry? That means the knuckle is low on grease. When you get the rebuild finished, look at the knuckles every oil change, if the top of the ball is getting dry, add some grease.

I would suggest backing up and starting here

This will give you lots of base info including links to the above mentioned threads

Enjoy

2nd on Cruiser outfitters. Very solid longtime vender and member

This is not catastrophic as long as you add grease to the knuckles and check and keep the diff full. The grease line on the knuckle ball looks like it’s fairly low.

I would suggest backing up and starting here

This will give you lots of base info including links to the above mentioned threads

Enjoy

Thank you very much...sorta like a sponge right now....absorbing what I can...and then just start...but not today...it’s snowing in my part of Montana now, 😂🤣😅 Lol 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom