Do Toyota dealerships in CALI service BJ cruisers from the 80's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone share their experience servicing/repairing their BJ cruiser at a Toyota dealership?

Do they have decent diesel mechanics? How about parts? Will they tell me my cruiser is too old and turn me away

I don't believe any dealer wants to see your truck in service. Understand also that you essentially have a non us spec 40 year old truck and parts are long since discontinued. Toyota service departments are there to make money not have a truck you can't use off the shelf parts on. None of the mechanics will understand the engine and the parts guy will laugh when you want to order a sun visor. You should visit the 40 series section for parts questions and find a local mechanic first. The diesel folks here might help with engine diagnosis but transmission - axle -etc is best served in 40 section.

Do they have decent diesel mechanics?

They dont sell diesel powered vehicles, so they wont know where to start. They are so simple to service, you are throwing money away letting someone else do it. They can go for decades with just oil and filter changes.
I agree with Rick, the 40 series folks will know more about parts acquisition than anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom