New to ih8mud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Things I’ve fixed thus far:
-Main front and rear seals
-Distributor seal
-valve cover gasket
-new oil pump and gasket
-new thermostat
-New hoses & belts
-new radiator
-new alternator
-new double din stereo
-new speakers
-newly upholstered front seats
-new BF Goodrich K02 185/75R16 tires

Need to do:
-fix AC (seems to have freon leak)
-find used rear bumper w/swingout tire carrier
-upholster second seat
-paint exterior
-install OME 2” lift suspension

-Distributor seal
-valve cover gasket
-new oil pump and gasket
-new thermostat
-New hoses & belts
-new radiator
-new alternator
-new double din stereo
-new speakers

Need to do:
-upholster second seat
-paint exterior
-Distributor seal
-valve cover gasket
-new oil pump and gasket
-new thermostat
-New hoses & belts
-new radiator
-new alternator
-new double din stereo
-new speakers

Need to do:
-upholster second seat
-paint exterior

Don’t install OME shocks. They are the most uncomfortable shock ever made and welcome to Mud.

Don’t install OME shocks. They are the most uncomfortable shock ever made and welcome to Mud.
What do you recommend that would give my ride about a 2-3” lift? I don’t go off roading that often so ride has to be tolerable for my rig which I use as my daily driver. Thanks!

Hi,
I have a 97 Land Cruiser that I am slowly fixing. I love the vehicle and am prepared to take as long as I need to to make it perfect. Only limitation is $$$.
Welcome!

Let us know your plans, mechanical ability, pictures of the truck.

Put on your big girl panties and thick skin because we'll probably harass you.

Learn to read, search and find the FAQs.

There is nothing you want to do that hasn't already been done by someone here.

What do you recommend that would give my ride about a 2-3” lift? I don’t go off roading that often so ride has to be tolerable for my rig which I use as my daily driver. Thanks!

I have ONE springs and Ebich shocks. Rides pretty good. I have read the ICON is really good with a great ride.

The Eibach springs and shocks are more budget friendly. They did 20% off and free ship for Black Friday. That’s when I got my shocks and took off the janky OME. What’s funny to is you will find a lot of jokers on here saying Eibach is small time and they don’t know what their doing in off-road segment. Just a fun fact they are OEM supplier for Toyota TRD springs

Last edited:
Welcome!

Let us know your plans, mechanical ability, pictures of the truck.

Put on your big girl panties and thick skin because we'll probably harass you.

Learn to read, search and find the FAQs.

There is nothing you want to do that hasn't already been done by someone here.

Another big piece of advice is learn to filter through the BS on here and follow an FSM. For some reason people love to post their own semi related experience that somehow will fix your issue without any regard to following a logical troubleshooting process related to your specific issue.

I have ONE springs and Ebich shocks. Rides pretty good. I have read the ICON is really good with a great ride.

The Eibach springs and shocks are more budget friendly. They did 20% off and free ship for Black Friday. That’s when I got my shocks and took off the janky OME. What’s funny to is you will find a lot of jokers on here saying Eibach is small time and they don’t know what their doing in off-road segment. Just a fun fact they are OEM supplier for Toyota TRD springs

Thanks! Very helpful advice.

I'm running ICON / Delta V.S. 3" kit with 2.0 shocks.
No issues as a DD and weekend family hauler.

BTW this is the Proper MUD welcome....

WELCOME TO MUD! :flipoff2:

Welcome to the addiction....

First rule of Ih8mud is

pics-or-it-5b96f5.jpg

Another big piece of advice is learn to filter through the BS on here and follow an FSM. For some reason people love to post their own semi related experience that somehow will fix your issue without any regard to following a logical troubleshooting process related to your specific issue.

The FSM is useless, just skip all the troubleshooting and replace the head gasket. That will fix everything.....

Welcome to MUD !!

Good start on preventative maintenance. You did it right installing new parts. I hadn’t thought to replace the distributor seal. I’ll take that item from your list and get her done. Thanks

Looking into Eibach as I type this... might he a great option for me. Love the reasonable prices!

Will do!

Welcome brother, looking forward to some pics and your progress! Also, if you need parts or other things, check out the vendors. There are all types of offerings here and I’ve only had positive experiences with them.

I figure I do mechanicals first, then focus on other fun aspects of my build.

This is Bilt4me's priority list. I fully admit I have adopted it completely.
It's a good logical order of business.
And I'm happy to say, after two + years, I'm on the "Make it Pretty" section.

Make it run
Make it stop
Make it go
Make it safe
Make it reliable
Make it pretty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom