Leak inside cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone experience leaking inside the passager side from the condensation when the air conditioner is on? I had a similar problem in my 1997 Jetta. The is a drain tube that was plugged on the firewall. Does the 100 series have one any idea where?

Has anyone experience leaking inside the passager side from the condensation when the air conditioner is on? I had a similar problem in my 1997 Jetta. The is a drain tube that was plugged on the firewall. Does the 100 series have one any idea where?

There is a drain for this on the cruiser as well. If you stand on the passenger side of the vehicle and look towards the fire wall I believe that is the location. Some owners will extend the drain as it drips right onto the sway bar link and may rust it up.

I will try to find a picture.

Yep, and if the drain is clear, then the problem is the seal for the cover over the evap core. It's pretty easy to pull the cover and replace the seal with new OEM, or use something like butyl tape to make a new one: What have you done to your 100 Series this week? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-100-series-this-week.609679/page-1401#post-13656564

How exactly do you know if it's clear? Guess I could just wait and look for drips on a hot day.

I remember a while back I just kind of poked in there with something and it seemed fine. I was only able to go in a few inches before hitting something solid which I assume is normal.

How exactly do you know if it's clear? Guess I could just wait and look for drips on a hot day.

I remember a while back I just kind of poked in there with something and it seemed fine. I was only able to go in a few inches before hitting something solid which I assume is normal.
Great question, I knew mine was clear because it dripped like crazy through the drain. I also tried to poke through it with some weedwhacker line and only got a few inches in. That's when I knew it was just the cover gasket. When I pulled the cover off, there also wasn't really any standing water in there, so it was just seeping past the gasket as the AC ran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom