Dummy washer nozzle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to locate a dummy washer nozzle that will plug the hole in my late model FJ40 hood. It seems like I've seen a photo of one recently posted on this forum. I came across this part number, 53395-12010 which is showing discontinued. Does anyone know if this part is still available?

Looks to be NLA from dealers. I'd try one of the LC salvage companies like CruiserCorps, Cruiser Solutions or cruiserparts.net

They are available CCOT, cruisercorp and ebay

Do you have a part number for the dummy washer on the hood? System I use only shows the real nozzle used up to 9/77 then the two different nozzles used after that for the top of the windshield. Is this like the spacer used instead of a PTO gear that no part number is available only one for the actually gear?

@Purpleaction this is what the dummy nozzle should look like. I'm not seeing it available from any of the suppliers you listed. Perhaps you're thinking of the standard nozzle?

D790B5B7-D2C2-499E-8E9C-587CFCE909C8.jpeg

Nice job @DEADSALT, I assumed all dealers sourced from the same national inventory. Looks like Lakeland has their own private stash?

Nice job @DEADSALT, I assumed all dealers sourced from the same national inventory. Looks like Lakeland has their own private stash?

Or they just haven't removed it yet. I have ordered parts from Sources in Japan and UAE who say they have a NLA part in stock. Have one yet to actually really have the part available. Interesting have found some US dealers show a part dead when it is actually readily available. I have two 78+ hoods. One is on my 79 and believe I bought the other off a wrecked 78. Think it matches a cowl I have. Know my 78 is still there would have dig thru my hoods to check the other one. May just order one to see if they really have them. I have considered just installing a second washer setup. Little rain we get in AZ half the time running the wipers just makes it worse. Extra fluid would be a plus.

Or they just haven't removed it yet. I have ordered parts from Sources in Japan and UAE who say they have a NLA part in stock. Have one yet to actually really have the part available. Interesting have found some US dealers show a part dead when it is actually readily available. I have two 78+ hoods. One is on my 79 and believe I bought the other off a wrecked 78. Think it matches a cowl I have. Know my 78 is still there would have dig thru my hoods to check the other one. May just order one to see if they really have them. I have considered just installing a second washer setup. Little rain we get in AZ half the time running the wipers just makes it worse. Extra fluid would be a plus.

I just got this email from Lakeland:

Thanks for ordering with us. Unfortunately we have placed your order on hold. Some of the parts you ordered 5339512010 , have been discontinued. We can still get the other parts. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I just got this email from Lakeland:

Thanks for ordering with us. Unfortunately we have placed your order on hold. Some of the parts you ordered 5339512010 , have been discontinued. We can still get the other parts. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ordered a few years back from Amayama Trading with the same results. Sorry we do not currently have the parts on hand, please check back in a few weeks. Knew up front these parts came up NLA everywhere else. Few weeks won't change that. Did the same thing with an exhaust pipe in the Middle East. Even paid for that one. Few weeks later got a refund. Later a friend in Australia did manage to find me a aftermarket exhaust pipe in Tasmania.

FWIW....Buy the standard nozzle....install it...do not hook it up which will effectively making a dummy nozzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom