TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys in business for yourself will get this, some others as well :)

I get a fair amount of call from guys doing their own swaps that want me to tell them what they need to do to do their swap. Generally annoying but some are a bit over the top. had a call today from a guy that is doing a swap in his 80 and wants to use a split case. I explain that this is my business and I am not in the business of teaching others how to do it over the phone. I am busy working on a truck for a customer.

"Well that is why I called you I am too busy to do all the research so I figured you could tell me because you have done it."

I really tried to be polite, I swear I did.......
Stan, is he on your waiting list for a build now? Man I hope so. The thinking of others time, talents, and energy seems to have gone out the window. You have a thriving business because people enjoy your product. I could not imagine calling you up to ask questions about a build i am undertaking. Now if you were to charge for your experience, then that there is a great idea.

I get a fair amount of call from guys doing their own swaps that want me to tell them what they need to do to do their swap. Generally annoying but some are a bit over the top. had a call today from a guy that is doing a swap in his 80 and wants to use a split case. I explain that this is my business and I am not in the business of teaching others how to do it over the phone. I am busy working on a truck for a customer.

"Well that is why I called you I am too busy to do all the research so I figured you could tell me because you have done it."

I'm going to be very disappointed if you didn't immediately hang up on them. People are nuts.

Hmmmm. Retainer, $1000 for 8 hours of your time per month. You can put restrictions around it for weekends. Not a bad way to make money on your ass, track it with Minute7. Oh, and I get 10% as your manager.

Man i've about had it with health care costs in this country. Just got a bill for a procedure that doctor advised for me to get since every now and again I need to go on acid reflux meds. I told her, like I told the person at the place where the procedure was done that I will do it but if its going to be expensive I want to know before hand how expensive its going to be. It isn't a life saving thing I need. No one indicated it would be much higher than normal tests i've had done in the past when I told them my out of pocket was a few hundred bucks.
Just got the bill (should note I haven't even got the test results back yet) $3,500 for me... my insurance covered 8k. WTF..... how does that not fall under the tell me how much it is if it is an expensive test. I shudder to think what the cost will be if I need to get actual surgery from the results. The #1 reason people declare bankruptcy in the US for a while now has been crushing medical debt. I'm not saying that this will make me go into bankruptcy or anything like that but to a different person it could, and $3,500 is not a cheap thing for them to just not tell people up front what they will have to pay for a non-emergency procedure. The money to pay this is money I had squirreled away to finish the 3fe and ship the 80 here. :bang:

We've done it to ourselves I guess, we refuse to make the government regulate healthcare costs.

Last edited:

Stan , Just schedule a time for him to come in and watch. Then you can stay doing your job and charge him for watching you.

Man i've about had it with health care costs in this country. Just got a bill for a procedure that doctor advised for me to get since every now and again I need to go on acid reflux meds. I told her, like I told the person at the place where the procedure was done that I will do it but if its going to be expensive I want to know before hand how expensive its going to be. It isn't a life saving thing I need. No one indicated it would be much higher than normal tests i've had done in the past when I told them my out of pocket was a few hundred bucks.
Just got the bill (should note I haven't even got the test results back yet) $3,500 for me... my insurance covered 8k. WTF..... how does that not fall under the tell me how much it is if it is an expensive test. I shudder to think what the cost will be if I need to get actual surgery from the results. The #1 reason people declare bankruptcy in the US for a while now has been crushing medical debt. I'm not saying that this will make me go into bankruptcy or anything like that but to a different person it could, and $3,500 is not a cheap thing for them to just not tell people up front what they will have to pay for a non-emergency procedure. The money to pay this is money I had squirreled away to finish the 3fe and ship the 80 here. :bang:

We've done it to ourselves I guess, we refuse to make the government regulate healthcare costs.

we have too many free loaders and leeches.

We don't need the gov't to regulate costs.....that's a slippery slope that may lead to less innovation and for sure would lead to MORE waste and corruption. Instead, everyone should pay SOMETHING in and have some sort of insurance policy. Even if it's $100 a year. A decent copay would stop the 2 am trips to the ER for a cold. Cut this insurance/job connection non sense while we are at it.

we have too many free loaders and leeches.

We don't need the gov't to regulate costs.....that's a slippery slope that may lead to less innovation and for sure would lead to MORE waste and corruption. Instead, everyone should pay SOMETHING in and have some sort of insurance policy. Even if it's $100 a year. A decent copay would stop the 2 am trips to the ER for a cold. Cut this insurance/job connection non sense while we are at it.
As a health admin major I can tell you that has zero to do with it. The unregulated cost of Healthcare is what makes it expensive for us here. A simple Google search will show you the difference in price of a fairly common procedure such as an artificial hip, here and in other major countries in Europe. The price difference from here to there on the hip made by the exact same company is staggering. The difference?? Their government told that company every other one involved that in order to do business and sell their products there they must hit this a certain price point. European and Adian Healthcare companies also have tons of innovation further proving that regulation.dows not stiffle it. Companies aren't dumb they aren't going to lose out on major markets just because of regulation. They will still need to innovate to stay relevant.

This is now an older video but still does a pretty good way of explaining it.
This was 2 years after I my last class on the subject where 98% of our graduating class pretty came up with the same conclusion here in a paper when asked to study the differences in health car between us and other 1st world countries and why were are way way way more expensive than they are. Its not 100% the reason we are more expensive there are other little things here and there, which boils down to waste of individual health care centers, but it is the biggest cause by far.

Last edited:
Maybe. Also ignorance and complacency and poor voting habits of most Americans plays a big role. We keep paying and the companies keep charging. And the elected officials keep screwing us, right to our face, and getting rich.

Also, millions of people getting 'free' health care every single year has to be paid for by someone. Before we cross that bridge of telling private companies how much to charge for a good or service, lets get the free loaders paying their fair share.

Who was the leader in the quick Covid vaccine response and where did we fly all the critical Ebola and Zika cases to? Who pays that DARPA bill so we can fast track vaccines for the rest of the world? Someone has to pay for that. Let's get EVERYONE paying into the system. No more free lunches.

I am getting a lot of emails about the 35th year college reunion, with lots of pics of my classmates. I never knew I went to school with such a bunch of old people...Amazing....

I got a cheeseburger today. Half of the slice of the cheese was hanging out of the bun. That meant I had to eat half a hamburger. Blech. Obviously, my day was ruined.
The worst transgression in recent history was finding my cheese on top of the lettuce and tomato in my Chick-fil-a deluxe. Was certainly not "my pleasure" 😢

The worst transgression in recent history was finding my cheese on top of the lettuce and tomato in my Chick-fil-a deluxe. Was certainly not "my pleasure" 😢
The training guy must have been in the toilet when you ordered.

Better than having half the cheese off the chick fil a sandwich like I had to deal with over the weekend. There's expectations you have for places like chick fil a, and then this happens.

I now live 45 minutes from the nearest Chik-Fil-a. How am I supposed to sleep off a Saturday morning hangover and still get chicken minis for breakfast?

Bojangles > Chik-fil-a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom