Speedhut Gauges & Brackets - MUD Discount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need a set of these. Also need an instrument Housing. Message you directly to order?

I need a set of these. Also need an instrument Housing. Message you directly to order?
These are now on the site!

@TRAIL TAILOR has the brackets that you need:

Here’s the stock-ish 60 gauges in real life:

View attachment 2006632
Dumb questions.. but this would install fine in an FJ62, with the Trail-Tailor bracket?
How does this look at night? The numbers glow greenish, right? Does this use the OEM light bulb illumination, or does it have it's own LED?
So the speedo dial, connects to the speedo cable? But there's also a digital GPS MPH? or is that just the ODO screen? I think I read that the ODO can be
programmed to match the current oem odometer for accurate mileage?
I messaged you on Facebook also, but also have a questions about the install of the "floatless sender".
If the ih8Mud discount is still available, I can purchase now with Venmo or CC.
Thanks.. -Jay

Dumb questions.. but this would install fine in an FJ62, with the Trail-Tailor bracket?

Yep, super easy to bolt them in. The wiring is the detailed part

How does this look at night? The numbers glow greenish, right? Does this use the OEM light bulb illumination, or does it have it's own LED? The number glow white, from their own illum

The numbers glow white, from its own illumination. Their two greens do not look good, but the white does.

So the speedo dial, connects to the speedo cable? But there's also a digital GPS MPH? or is that just the ODO screen? I think I read that the ODO can be
programmed to match the current oem odometer for accurate mileage?

The Speedo cable is no longer used. It’s all GPS. You can definitely program the mileage to current.

I messaged you on Facebook also, but also have a questions about the install of the "floatless sender".
If the ih8Mud discount is still available, I can purchase now with Venmo or CC.
Thanks.. -Jay

Unfortunately/fortunately we are too busy to respond on Facebook or answer phone calls, we try to funnel all communications through email. Trying to keep up with Mud, facebook, Instagram, text, phone calls just has us too spread out. Wish it wasn’t so, but that is the reality

The web price has a 10% discount built in. We tried to offer more by eliminating credit card fees through PayPal/Venmo, but it actually costs us more in time than the credit card fees do and isn’t a sustainable business model.

Last edited:
I wanted to extend a special offer on Speedhut gauges to the ‘MUD community, UP TO 15% OFF!!!

12% off your entire order (gauges, additional senders, harnesses, adapters, etc) if paying with a credit card. If you want to stick it to the credit card company and pay with Venmo, PayPal Friends & Family, or by bank transfer, you can take advantage of the full 15% discount.

On a typical gauge order, this saves more than $100 :bounce::bounce2:

Speedhut gauges are highly customizable, so each order is treated as a custom order. The easiest way to start an order is to configure your gauges on Speedhut’s site Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, Shift Light, Pod and send me screenshots showing the fonts, colors, lighting, etc and PM or email that to me at cam@mosleymotors.com .

We just did a group buy in the 60/62 section, so I’d be happy to make recommendations on gauge configurations based on your application (stock, LS swap, diesel swap).

We’ve been making further modifications, such as adding/deleting hand brake and turn indicators to keep all of the stock gauge functions. We can even swap gauge functions in the quad gauge and add to the speedo so that you can keep track of all of your vitals (for example, add trans temp to the quad gauge and move the fuel level to the speedo).

View attachment 1971659

@TRAIL TAILOR developed, and will be selling directly, 60/62 universal mounting brackets to make this as easy as possible. These are for the 4.5” Quad Gauge/Speedo and 2-1/16” Center Gauge.

View attachment 1971658

View attachment 1971657
I have an '89 HJ61 and am looking for a working thermometer for the inside/outdoor temperature gauge. Any suggestions on where to find one?

I have an '89 HJ61 and am looking for a working thermometer for the inside/outdoor temperature gauge. Any suggestions on where to find one?
Blue sea makes a nice one. Here’s mine on the right side.
774B5E2C-82C1-4171-9E67-193B25C22519.jpeg

Yep, super easy to bolt them in. The wiring is the detailed part
@FJ60Cam Yeah, you weren't kidding.. the gauges look awesome, but especially the multi-gauge.. the wiring is a little crazy. Not quite sure what transfers over from the OEM gauge, like the high-beam indicator, brake, battery lights, etc. Since ideally, I'd like to use just the standard OEM sensors that are working fine, I was hoping for more of a wire-to-wire installation. Any tips?

Also, will the 2-wire black wiring cable connect to the dimmable 12v white/green wire from the oem harness? That dims with the dial on the dash?

Ok, thank you!

The senders are specific to the gauges, so you definitely need those in there. The gauges also need their own dimmer, totally different wiring than stock.

There's not too much to carry over - high beam, hand brake for FJ62s, signal for headlights for backlighting. The rest is power, switched power, senders, etc.

The senders are specific to the gauges, so you definitely need those in there. The gauges also need their own dimmer, totally different wiring than stock.
Oh man! Glad you said that, @FJ60Cam .. before I went down that rabbit hole trying to wire the oem water temp and oil PSI sensors to the SpeedHut multi-gauge! :bang:
Ok, should be easy enough. The water temp sensor is easy to access. The oil PSI sensor looks like a bell housing with a single yellow-black wire coming off it? Does that unscrew somehow with the sensor under it? Or is that whole thing the sensor? Just wondering, since this bell off the oil filter looks quite big and much fatter than the oil PSI sensor that came with your kit? I'm assuming both of these sensors (water Temp & oil PSI) have standard threads and should just screw in directly? I believe the "floatless sender" gauge instructions say to connect the white wire off the speedhut to the fuel sender wire, which on my rig is the yellow-red wire, right? Ok, much thanks again..
There's not too much to carry over - high beam, hand brake for FJ62s, signal for headlights for backlighting.
Ok, using my multitester with the oem multi-gauge, I found the wire off the oem harness that switches with the handbrake lever. Do you know where I connect that to the Speedhut?
How about the high-beam and turn signal wiring? I think there are turn signal lamps on the dash, outside the gauges? So I can find that wiring, if I know where to attach it to the Speedhut? I haven't tackled the speedometer, but since that uses a GPS puck, I'm assuming that one will be pretty straitforward.
The rest is power, switched power, senders, etc.
There's constant power to the Speedhut?? I thought it only has ACC switched power, which I've already connected to the Speedhut 3-wire (red/black/white) cable? Where does constant power go? and for what? :hmm: k.. thanks Cam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom