Only $261+tax: Massimo CX50 E-Kooler - Alternative to ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since this thread has been bumped....my Massimo went camping with me in September and has been running in the house nonstop keeping beer cold. Zero issues so far.

bought one, had it break, massimao sent out a new one no problem. they stand behind their product and with costcos warranty you should not have a doubt. I went back and then bought another one. They are great for the price. use about 50w on the surge, low watts for continuous usage. Interested to try out the appicool app, didnt know this. Lots of vids online about the secret menus and other options not listed in the instruction booklet

550 5-star reviews, 120 4-star and only 42 lesser reviews.

Maybe member only? I didn't buy one.

From a 1-star review:
"Costco and Massimo website advertise the cooler as having a LG Compressor but I can see from the vent of the cooler that I got that the compressor is a HuaJun ZH25G."
I actually contacted Massimo for that exact question. According to the reply from Massimo and the supporting documents, HuaJun compressor is actually a LG Joint Venture factory, and it was said it's the same compressor. BTW, I don't think Costco and Massimo website did advertise the cooler as having LG Compressor, but just mentioned LG somewhere...

Too good of a deal now that I’m in the market for a fridge. Pulled the trigger 🤑🤑🤑
And I took it back...

Could not see a way to strap the thing down. Cooled, froze water like it should but what’s going to keep it from falling over or becoming a missile aimed at the back of my head if we come to a quick stop?

And I took it back...

Could not see a way to strap the thing down. Cooled, froze water like it should but what’s going to keep it from falling over or becoming a missile aimed at the back of my head if we come to a quick stop?

I don't understand. Wouldn't a couple of ratchet straps hold the frig in place? Or maybe three.

You definitely have to get creative with the straps where as a Dometic or ARB fridge comes with beefy handles to make things easier. I imagine at least one strap would have to go over the Massimo fridge opening, making it a pain to access quickly because you'd have to undo the strap. My Massimo comes this week so we'll see what I come up with.

After messing with the fridge at home and demoing it in the wild (Penrose State Park lol) I decided to return it to Costco. My unit wouldnt hold temp very well, was a pain to tie down, and my wife was having a comical time (at least to me) trying to access goods in the bottom.

I ended up with the Blizzard Box (also at Costco) and so far I've had no issues with the above complaints. The funny thing is that my wife found it on sale while I was at work and bought it immediately. We typically tend to have a chat before one of us spends more than $500 on a leisure item. Guess she really didnt like the Massimo.

yea, i really want that blizzard box, lots of good reviews. the massimo is just so cheap and yes the temp fluctuates alot. it floats about 5+- so setting it at 37 means things will freeze and also get hot, its not perfect but again it was cheap. definitely will be getting a more refined fridge like the blizzard box next time.

FWIW "CHRISTMAS" gets you a 15% at ICECO.

My recently purchased JP42 has been flawless after a couple dozen uses, half of them camping and powered by Jackery/Renogy.

Just ordered a 40l from Joytutus’ website. You can use ‘dealnews60’ to take off $60. The final price was $270 shipped.

Not that many reviews on Joytutus stuff but no bad reviews either. My needs are not great or extreme so I’m hopeful this will work out well.

FWIW "CHRISTMAS" gets you a 15% at ICECO.

My recently purchased JP42 has been flawless after a couple dozen uses, half of them camping and powered by Jackery/Renogy.
We have a group buy for iceco in a week, 25% off. You guys should really look into these over the alpicools/massimos, just trust me on that!

D91D98F0-32D4-4374-A20E-4CDD62B6407F.png

We have a group buy for iceco in a week, 25% off. You guys should really look into these over the alpicools/massimos, just trust me on that!

Nice, I may go for a second one as a gift.

Nice, I may go for a second one as a gift.
Assuming they are also a forum member/off roader, it will make an awesome gift! Honestly even for anyone, it's a nice little second freezer for your living room/garage. I am using the 45 as a second freezer at home right now (my roommates took all the freezer space XD so my bagel bites and ice cream go in the ICECO lol).

I gave my second one away as a gift as well (TR60, my better one), and first one (VL45, good enough for me) is still going strong after a year of almost constant use (mostly outdoors even in the rain and freezing temps).

Phalcon Overland fridges are made by alpicool, however we upgraded the compressors to LG compressors with a three year warranty. Theres a 15% off sale this weekend too btw.

PhalconOverland.com/shop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom