I need to buy a kit to redo my knuckles. Since CDan is no longer available, who is the goto for parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also recommend this:

Toyota Part No.: 90214-42030​

WASHER, CLAW

They do not come in the kit. Mine were severely grooved for unknown reasons. They should be flat on both sides.
Grooved washers allow for dodgey preload on the bearings.
image3.jpeg

Hard to tell if you'll need them without looking at them first. So, here's the P/N just in case.

Happy Trails! 👍

Would recommend Cruiser Outfitters and not Cruiser Brothers. Some may feel differently.
Is there an issue with a kit or service we provided? If so, I'd like to know so we can avoid any possible issues in the future.

We have the Tarrain Tamer and Sumo Gear CO kits in stock, happy to help.

Georg

Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers and Long Range America

Would recommend Cruiser Outfitters and not Cruiser Brothers. Some may feel differently.
The obvious question from this post is - why?
It's only fair to the vendor you are throwing shade at, and the people reading and relying on this thread, to share the facts upon which you are basing your recommendation in the most unbiased manner possible.
We look forward to your post.

Also recommend this:

Toyota Part No.: 90214-42030​

WASHER, CLAW

They do not come in the kit. Mine were severely grooved for unknown reasons. They should be flat on both sides.
Grooved washers allow for dodgey preload on the bearings.
I never understood why thrust washers were not included in any of these kits. They are inexpensive wear items and should be replaced when doing the hubs. I keep several on hand for just such an occasion.

Correct. The thrust washer on the AWD cruisers is ALWAYS worn so we highly encourage our customers to buy them when we sell them a knuckle kit. Our “deluxe kit” includes the washer ( along with all new 54mm jam-nuts ) and a full set of OEM Koyo wheel bearings.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom