Pistol Holster Mount – Shotgun Holster Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@MoustacheMike From my limited experience in 'Merica your chit is more likely to get jacked / stolen or knocked loose to clown one in the noggin vs. needing to get a lightning fast seconds count quick draw. Strictly speculation so take it for what it's worth.

I don't drive around with my SUV loaded out like a PMC-PSD/CET vehicle, nor do I advise others to do so. But if someone is so inclined to do so, then I'm at least going to give them a few pointers on how to square their sh*t away, hence my mentioning of the "Quick Fist Clamps".

If the time ever comes when I have to adopt all aspects of my professional life to stateside living, then things have gone seriously f*%cking sideways.

Anyone know of a lockable carbine case/box that could be attached to a third row seat bracket, something that would fit lengthwise and flush against the plastic panel?

Anyone know of a lockable carbine case/box that could be attached to a third row seat bracket, something that would fit lengthwise and flush against the plastic panel?

There's some vehicle r seat truck boxes I've seen but nothing made to fit an 80 I'm aware of...fab a bracket out of some tube with quick fist and cover or buy a purpose built rack with adjustability for mounting locations?

It's possible. I was always armed when I was stationed there, but it's expensive and a pita to do it legally. The other way is easier, but tough to make it through security checkpoints where they 3d scan your vehicle. Toolboxes full of wrenches can disguise many things. The real problem is obtaining ammo, especially for non Nato calibers. Unless it's something the Russians make, it's hard to get there. AK/tok ammo is at every flea market however. In Frankfurt, new members of the Swat team are tasked with purchasing an AK on the black market (in plain clothes) on day one. They are usually back before lunch.

I have a Jagdschein and used to have a professional permit to carry. Unfortunately, the rules have changed in the last few years that make it prohibitive, cost-wise to own and functionally impossible to carry.

Fun fact: I used to carry on the airplane whenever I flew Lufthansa. The first time I had to travel and tried to check my cased sidearm through, they looked at me quizzically and asked why I didn't just carry it onboard.

Times. They have changed.

I am not a big fan of mounting pistols to any part of the interior of the car if they are intended for defensive use. A large number of gunfights that happen around vehicles are preceded by car crashes. This adds a few more things to consider.
1. If you mount it in an enclosed console the console can become deformed and trap the pistol inside. Thus rendering it useless when you most need it.
2. In confusion following a crash you have to actually stop and think about where the pistol is.
3. If the proper retention is not used on the mount the pistol could be throw around the cab during an collision.

When carrying the pistol is a vehicle the best place is in a holster on the person. That way you always know were it is when you need it.

Also if you have a pistol in plain view during a traffic stop even if you have a permit it is going to make things interesting.

As far as the shotgun mount show above. I love it.

Just my 2 cents.

Here in Washington State at our club range we asked 3 different LEOs, that also train here, about being stopped with a loaded handgun visible in your vehicle even though you have a WA CPL (Concealed Pistol License). Two said they would warn you, the third said he would arrest you. Concealed is the key word. All 3 said concealed on the person is the safest way to have it and the intent of the law.
However you conceal it on person, learn how to draw it while in the driver's seat, seatbelt on.

Older thread, but I've been looking at options for this myself lately and saw no mention of the PUG mount: Home - http://pugoutdoors.com/ (also avail on AMZN). I just order, will let reply again when I've installed with some feedback. But it looks like the perfect solution for my needs. Simple, elegant, and effective. I basically wanted a semi-secure place to put my IWB holster when in the truck, especially for longer trips.

Older thread, but I've been looking at options for this myself lately and saw no mention of the PUG mount: Home - http://pugoutdoors.com/ (also avail on AMZN). I just order, will let reply again when I've installed with some feedback. But it looks like the perfect solution for my needs. Simple, elegant, and effective. I basically wanted a semi-secure place to put my IWB holster when in the truck, especially for longer trips.
Are you legit or are you just trying to use this forum for advertising?

Here in Washington State at our club range we asked 3 different LEOs, that also train here, about being stopped with a loaded handgun visible in your vehicle even though you have a WA CPL (Concealed Pistol License). Two said they would warn you, the third said he would arrest you. Concealed is the key word. All 3 said concealed on the person is the safest way to have it and the intent of the law.
However you conceal it on person, learn how to draw it while in the driver's seat, seatbelt on.
Southpaw FTW (I do train some offhand, but not nearly like I do w the ‘arrr-15’.

You in a metro area / greater Seattle? - I ask as up here I know/see/recognize most the city PD & most the Skagit sheriffs, the off-chance I get pulled they said their huge pet peeve is simply people who move/act quickly or don’t declare a weapon in the vehicle as part of their initial verbal statement, wherever it is, be it on their person or in a vehicle mount.

——————
If you get pulled over for a routine traffic stop, the best thing to do is pull the keys from the ignition, have them on a visible finger by the keyring, have your fingers interlocked at the top of the wheel & declare any firearm.
When asked for ID, state where it is & ask to reach for it.
Happy LEO = better chance of a warning/lesser infraction, except WSP - law is law with them.
——————

Direct advice from a very good friend / known for decades who is a Burlington detective - if you do all that, he isn’t worried & said he cut people loose with a warning when he was still a patrol cop.

Are you legit or are you just trying to use this forum for advertising?
Uuuhhh...legit? Did I do something wrong here? I thought this was a thread about handgun mounting options in an 80 series. I read through most of the previous posts and I don't recall anyone being hassled for mentioning an actual product they had either used or were considering. Should I have included some sort of disclaimer stating that I don't work for the company that makes the product that I'm considering? I'm new to this forum, so I appreciate any guidance you can give so I don't inadvertently offend someone's delicate sensibilities.

Yeah, new member and low posts. But I have a feeling he is legit.
I found two very old threads on this topic, and decided to post the same comment in both thinking that would give me the best odds of shaking loose a response from somebody. If that came across as "spammy," I apologize.

I found two very old threads on this topic, and decided to post the same comment in both thinking that would give me the best odds of shaking loose a response from somebody. If that came across as "spammy," I apologize.

You’re fine - I saw you post in the Victory gear thread - no mention / plugging a linked good from Lamazon.

It was the same product linked that prob got a few ‘red flags’.

If you were a bot/plugging some rando goods, you wouldn’t get the joke Mike Hunt - or Neil Slott :hmm:

You’re fine - I saw you post in the Victory gear thread - no mention / plugging a linked good from Lamazon.

It was the same product linked that prob got a few ‘red flags’.

If you were a bot/plugging some rando goods, you wouldn’t get the joke Mike Hunt - or Neil Slott :hmm:
"...has anyone seen Mike Hunt?". "Kneel and Bob? Are those your names, or just what you do?". Lol... But seriously, thanks for the reassurance. I love this forum and would hate to get blacklisted or something. I'll remember to dial back the product links going forward to keep those red flags to a minimum.

"...has anyone seen Mike Hunt?". "Kneel and Bob? Are those your names, or just what you do?". Lol... But seriously, thanks for the reassurance. I love this forum and would hate to get blacklisted or something. I'll remember to dial back the product links going forward to keep those red flags to a minimum.
Links are good - you just came out the gates doing the link thing on a single-purpose gig.

After others had the ‘flag thing’ - I straight looked at your profile posts & saw the Victory stuff / thread.

I only found them via Goofle - never even knew they were doing Mud. —— dammit, I might have got a Mud discount now that I think of it ——

But point is - I looked, you just got the locals a little on the hair-bristle being as new as you are.

Official Mud Welcome :

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

-most get 1, I gave you 3 since you handled the haze with a cool head.

-Do a ‘New Mud Guy / 80’s’ -thread, sounds like you got alot better than the garden-variety USDM 80, from sig recall.

Southpaw FTW (I do train some offhand, but not nearly like I do w the ‘arrr-15’.

You in a metro area / greater Seattle? - I ask as up here I know/see/recognize most the city PD & most the Skagit sheriffs, the off-chance I get pulled they said their huge pet peeve is simply people who move/act quickly or don’t declare a weapon in the vehicle as part of their initial verbal statement, wherever it is, be it on their person or in a vehicle mount.

——————
If you get pulled over for a routine traffic stop, the best thing to do is pull the keys from the ignition, have them on a visible finger by the keyring, have your fingers interlocked at the top of the wheel & declare any firearm.
When asked for ID, state where it is & ask to reach for it.
Happy LEO = better chance of a warning/lesser infraction, except WSP - law is law with them.
——————

Direct advice from a very good friend / known for decades who is a Burlington detective - if you do all that, he isn’t worried & said he cut people loose with a warning when he was still a patrol cop.
But declaration of a weapon in the car to a cop is not law if you are permitted. Are you referring to permitted or non-permitted individuals? If they ask, I’ll tell the truth. How can a cop arrest someone for displaying a handgun on the front seat in an open carry state?

But declaration of a weapon in the car to a cop is not law if you are permitted. Are you referring to permitted or non-permitted individuals? If they ask, I’ll tell the truth. How can a cop arrest someone for displaying a handgun on the front seat in an open carry state?

Good question - IDK.

Honest answer.

I just asked Matt how the best-case scenario goes, and he knows I have a CCP - so since we know each other so well, he just gave the best answer for my situation, even knowing/shot a couple AR pisstolinas I own(ed).

You can’t really carry those ‘concealed’ -but are legal to have loaded in vehicle vs a Ruffle ‘potato chip’ - of any style in a vehicle under WA law.

So those tucked in a seat/center console are semi-common up here, and I suspect down there since you’re far enough away from the King County mess-o-life.

I’d walk into the local sheriff office & ask what’s the situation they prefer, but almost expect WSP will hard-line anything, as they are both rolling tax collectors & EMS for the I-5 corridor.

But all WSP are working their 1st LEO job & have apps in w/ local PD’s or esp county sheriff - WSP is just a stepping stone, everyone local knows it.

HTH. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom