Viofo A119 V3 dash cam dash camera installation question 2013 Land Cruiser 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience installing this dash cam? I’m an electronics noob, and figure that I’ll install it through the fuse box in the glove box. But not sure where. Are there any resources or videos that can help me with installation? Thanks in advance.

Ps. Sorry for the weird title. I just want to be sure that if anyone else has the same question, this forum easily appears on Google.

It's a great first timer project. the hardest part will be tucking your wires along the headliner and down the A pillar on the driver's side. There's a fuse box down under the driver's foot area that you can use a "tap a fuse" or a hardwire kit like this (not sure if it's compatible with your specific camera).

Amazon product ASIN B07FXJD8W1

Funny I have the same year LC and the same camera, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I have experience with this camera in my car, but not the LC. IIRC it was really easy to install in the car. Probably the biggest challenge with the LC would be running the USB cable down the A-pillar and not blocking the air bags.

Do you guys have a recommendation on which fuse to use in the driver's footwell area?

If you are hard-wiring the camera and not using the USB plug, just use an add-a-circuit. Select a switched or always hot circuit depending on if you want constant power for parking mode. Note that the cover for the fuse block will not fit with the add-a-circuit installed. There is a fuse block on the passenger side as well I believe.

Make sure you get the low profile ATM one.

Amazon product ASIN B01MTNMLT7

Last edited:
Yeah, I will be getting a hardwire kit to replace the USB cable. I'll use the ATM fuse you suggested. I wish there was a cleaner way to install the dashcam instead of leaving the fuse block cover off.

There are a couple empty fuse slots but I am not sure if they have power (internally bussed), and if so if they are switched or always hot.

I was actually considering installing it in the passenger side fuse box under the glove box. Is this not a good location due to having more room to tuck wires in? Is the drivers side fuse box a better location?

It's a great first timer project. the hardest part will be tucking your wires along the headliner and down the A pillar on the driver's side. There's a fuse box down under the driver's foot area that you can use a "tap a fuse" or a hardwire kit like this (not sure if it's compatible with your specific camera).

Amazon product ASIN B07FXJD8W1

oh man... I’m glad you linked this. I was under the impression everything was included. That would have been frustrating! 😂🤣😂

oh man... I’m glad you linked this. I was under the impression everything was included. That would have been frustrating! 😂🤣😂
my unit came with just the cigarette adapter. Any fuse location will work as long as it's ignition switched (or not) depending on if you want it to record when the car is off.

my unit came with just the cigarette adapter. Any fuse location will work as long as it's ignition switched (or not) depending on if you want it to record when the car is off.
Sorry for the stupid question, but I would like to record when the car is off. How would I know if the fuse is ignition switched?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, all my brain cells are dedicated to my job and woodworking. Not much room for electronic stuff!!

Sorry for the stupid question, but I would like to record when the car is off. How would I know if the fuse is ignition switched?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, all my brain cells are dedicated to my job and woodworking. Not much room for electronic stuff!!

Use a multimeter. Check for 12V with ignition turned off and on.

you could try to make an educated guess based off the fuse label and simply see if the cam stays on after you shut off the car. Or use multimeter as stated above...

you could try to make an educated guess based off the fuse label and simply see if the cam stays on after you shut off the car. Or use multimeter as stated above...
I don’t even know how to use a multimeter. Lol!!! I think I’ll just call around to car audio shops to price installation. Thanks for your help!

I don’t even know how to use a multimeter. Lol!!! I think I’ll just call around to car audio shops to price installation. Thanks for your help!

Just look on the fuse box cover and pick a circuit that would normally be powered with the ignition turned off. Plug in the add-a-circuit and confirm. If it's not powered try a different one.

But.. I would certainly buy and learn how to use a multimeter. It's a great and useful tool for electrical troubleshooting.

Just look on the fuse box cover and pick a circuit that would normally be powered with the ignition turned off. Plug in the add-a-circuit and confirm. If it's not powered try a different one.

But.. I would certainly buy and learn how to use a multimeter. It's a great and useful tool for electrical troubleshooting.
I just saw you are in SD!! I’m in north county. Do you know of any shops to get some work done? (ie. Suspension upgrade, dual battery, etc)?

I just saw you are in SD!! I’m in north county. Do you know of any shops to get some work done? (ie. Suspension upgrade, dual battery, etc)?

Probably any car audio or alarm shop can perform the camera install, but another option is check with a local area clubhouse such as Beach-n-Toys:

For more involved work, I recommend SDTrux:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom