Victory 4x4 Roof Rack Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got around to installing my new Victory 4x4 roof rack this last weekend. Overall, very happy with it. The install is relatively simple and the fit/finish is fantastic.

Resized_20210403_175141.jpeg
Resized_20210403_175202.jpeg
Resized_20210403_175147.jpeg
Resized_20210403_175208.jpeg

Mounting looks identical to the Prinsu, L shaped bracket that picks up the stock rack holes.
Unless I've hit my head recently (which i may have), the prinsu has the spacers and uses longer bolts and puts more moment on the nutserts.

This one mounts flat on the holes, less moment.

Finally got around to installing my new Victory 4x4 roof rack this last weekend. Overall, very happy with it. The install is relatively simple and the fit/finish is fantastic.

View attachment 2637370View attachment 2637371View attachment 2637372View attachment 2637373
How long did it take to get once you ordered? I ordered a front bumper Jan 1, supposed to be done last week, now they are saying another 2 weeks or more. 3 months for a bumper is getting ridiculous.

How long did it take to get once you ordered? I ordered a front bumper Jan 1, supposed to be done last week, now they are saying another 2 weeks or more. 3 months for a bumper is getting ridiculous.
A lot of these smaller shops have large lead times due to the nature of their product. Last I checked with Mike at BIOR (mid-December), he was scheduling 4mon out for new orders. While I agree that I’d manage inventory and production a little better if it was my full-time job, 3+ month lead times are not uncommon. Building a bumper is easy(ish). Developing the methods, techniques, and jigs to build it repeatedly with very little deviation is much more time consuming. Fortunately, we don’t drive Jeep’s where you can walk out of 4WheelParts with a bumper same-day;)

I also have a victory rack and love it. I have seen a lot of racks and for me the Victory works for my preference as I like the rack to go all the way forward.

A lot of these smaller shops have large lead times due to the nature of their product. Last I checked with Mike at BIOR (mid-December), he was scheduling 4mon out for new orders. While I agree that I’d manage inventory and production a little better if it was my full-time job, 3+ month lead times are not uncommon. Building a bumper is easy(ish). Developing the methods, techniques, and jigs to build it repeatedly with very little deviation is much more time consuming. Fortunately, we don’t drive Jeep’s where you can walk out of 4WheelParts with a bumper same-day;)

I ordered the roof rack, front bumper, and both rear window Molle panels mid december of 2020. I received the roof rack about a month ago. There was an issue with the middle brackets and they sent me an entire new bracket set.

They told me last week that they are hoping to ship the bumper and panels by the end of next week. So we will see. I am going on 4 1/2 months.

Honestly, i think its worth the wait. I would rather have parts from a smaller shop with good customer service.

Update - I received my freight tracking number today for the rest of my order. So looks like its shipping out when they expected.

To the OP,
Does the trim on the front wind fairing touch the paint? If so could you adjust it up to keep it off of the paint?

Thanks,
GB

Does the victory use 10 series 80/20? Hoping to find someone using 15 series so I can reuse my hardware, but not the end of the world if I can't.

Unless I've hit my head recently (which i may have), the prinsu has the spacers and uses longer bolts and puts more moment on the nutserts.

This one mounts flat on the holes, less moment.
Total height of applied load is all that matters, if the resultant height of the applied load is the same, the nutserts won't see an increased moment, would they? Spacers should just mean the bolts have to be stronger to transmit that moment without bending/yielding.

Total height of applied load is all that matters, if the resultant height of the applied load is the same, the nutserts won't see an increased moment, would they? Spacers should just mean the bolts have to be stronger to transmit that moment without bending/yielding.
What? No… do a free body and report back.

What? No… do a free body and report back.

You're saying the height of the bracket above the nutsert matters, it doesn't. The total height of the applied load above the nutsert is all that matters to the nutsert. It doesn't care if it's bracket then a bunch of material or a bunch of material (spacers) then a bracket. FxD (or PL/4 really but doesn't matter here), D is all that matters given F is constant. And I'm saying, if D is the same between two racks, it doesn't matter if that D is bracket, spacers, 80/20 bars, whatever, the moment is the same.

Last edited:
You're saying the height of the bracket above the nutsert matters, it doesn't. The total height of the applied load above the nutsert is all that matters to the nutsert. It doesn't care if it's bracket then a bunch of material or a bunch of material (spacers) then a bracket. FxD (or PL/4 really but doesn't matter here), D is all that matters given F is constant. And I'm saying, if D is the same between two racks, it doesn't matter if that D is bracket, spacers, 80/20 bars, whatever, the moment is the same.

If it was all in line, yes. But it’s not.

We also aren’t in statics… deflection and resultant loading matters.

If it was all in line, yes. But it’s not.

We also aren’t in statics… deflection and resultant loading matters.

Line of action is roughly the same through all of these designs, close enough. What changes, is the loads and moments on the bolts, brackets, spacers, etc between all these designs.

....I have no idea what you mean by "deflection matters" in this context, you are talking about the moment calculated at the bolt hole. Deflection of any other member, doesn't change that value, does it?

Line of action is roughly the same through all of these designs, close enough. What changes, is the loads and moments on the bolts, brackets, spacers, etc between all these designs.

....I have no idea what you mean by "deflection matters" in this context, you are talking about the moment calculated at the bolt hole. Deflection of any other member, doesn't change that value, does it?
One of us needs to draw some pictures…

One of us needs to draw some pictures…

Last I checked, burden is on the one making the claim....or whoever cares enough to purchase one of these racks and really thinks the bending moments at the bolt holes matters (have there been any failures of the bolt holes?) can draw it themselves, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom