What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was gonna get "Collector Vehicle" plates but here in Washington, that limits how much you can drive it as does Hagerty (Insurance). I'm gonna use it for a daily driver now that I am retired and the wife will in a few months, so we bought her a nearly new 4Runner, traded her Xterra and selling my Frontier.
That's why I haven't gone with "collector vehicle" plates as well. So I'm stuck paying $100 a year for tabs if I want unlimited miles. Stupid WA laws....

Yep, for Texas the "Antique Vehicle" plates have similar restrictions on amount of miles you can drive it, but you get to skip the yearly inspection and I think the registration is valid longer? Not sure. The Classic Vehicle plate doesn't provide any advantages over a standard plate, except that it looks cooler and says Classic Vehicle on it. Reason enough for me :cool: My insurance agent wanted to quote me Hagerty, but I ended up just adding it to my normal policy.

Patching up holes in my doors. If I use an OEM door as the source of my patch can I still call this original paint?

IMG_20210405_155013.jpg

The ol’ 2F had a couple of weak cylinders... so she’s hopefully headed to Memphis soon for some “Mosley magic”...

Hired a local to pull the engine/tranny as a unit. It took me longer to build the wood pallet then it did for him to pull the engine.... I guess that just goes to show some things are better left to those more knowledgeable...

3D6CD695-5900-416D-936E-30C661F3C585.jpeg

I looked through about 30 pages of the "Back in the Day" thread and I see it done both ways, and everything in between. There were some brochures and factory pics that corroborate the location I chose on posts 908, 802, 765, 748, and 730... but ultimately you are right, only important to purists or vehicles going across Barrett Jackson I suppose LOL. If it gets in the way of things in the future I will move it. For now it is okay. And on a related note, I got my registration at lunch, I'm 100% legal now!! :) The Classic plates will be coming in the mail soon.

Would be nice if you mentioned what you are referring too or link the posts. Really don't want try and find numbered posts when you can only search by page unless you know key words of what your searching for.

On the number plate. I also did some surfing and found it to be a bout 50/50. Here they came without that and most ended up stuck to the front of the bumper itself. Always mangled and falling off. To put the plate between the bumper and bumpee as it were makes no sense. But that is how we do it. I made a holder and drilled it for the right hand back holes so that's where the sucker will have to be.

Would be nice if you mentioned what you are referring too or link the posts. Really don't want try and find numbered posts when you can only search by page unless you know key words of what your searching for.
Here you go sir, I hope this helps:

There's seemingly no end to the things I have to do to bring this thing back from the near-dead.

I took the seats to the upholsterer on the 24th of March. Since then it's been a matter of prepping for their return.

In keeping with my overall color scheme, I've sanded, stripped, primed and painted all the frames and backs in the same off-white I've used for the rest of the interior.

Rear Seat Base:

Rear Seat Back:

Front Seat Frame:

When I took things apart, I had a helluva time getting the tracks out, because they wouldn't slide in either direction to be able to get to the bolts. Once I got them out, I dumped sand out of each one. Apparently, the PO sand blasted everything and loaded the tracks to the point, they no longer worked. I got them freed up by spraying two cans of WD40 through them vertically and flushing all the sand out of them. Got them stripped, painted and lubed and voila... I now have 5 inches of fore-aft travel on my front seat. While I was at it, I changed out all the black seat belts in favor of tan to match the new interior color.

I'm getting antsy for the seats. They should be done any day now.

Once the seats are back, I'll reskin the door panels to match and then find the appropriate carpet. Gettin close!

Cheers gents!

Thanks for the link!

I will have more in stock in about 2 weeks when I return from a work trip.

Im working on some major product addtions to the lineup as well.

You mean i got the last one ?

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom