2LTE - EGR Delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

N88

Threads
Hi Guys

Ive seen a few EGR forums on here regarding deleting it. Im quite new to these engines and have seen on mine that the previous owner (in Japan) has played around with the system.

Can someone tell me or see what they have done in terms with the vac lines? I inspected the inlet manifold today and it turns out it wasn't to caked for its age.

I noticed that the small butterfly valve is constantly open and the vac lines to it have been modified in some way.

20210403_073136.jpg

All the emissions vacuum lines can be removed and the supply line capped off at the source near the vacuum pump on the alternator.

Make sure to leave the vacuum pump connected to the transfer case vacuum switching valves and the brake booster however. This is all on the exhaust side of the engine only.

At the intake side of the engine, you should have one boost hose running from the intake manifold through a filter to the boost sensor.

Remove all the emissions stuff other wise. It really cleans up the engine. You can leave the emissions connectors dangling and the computer doesn't even know. Make sure to remove EGR pipes and cap off intake and exhaust manifolds.

There are many many lj7x build threads on this forum that document this whole process with pictures. Please take the time to search. It's all been discussed many times before.

All the emissions vacuum lines can be removed and the supply line capped off at the source near the vacuum pump on the alternator.

Make sure to leave the vacuum pump connected to the transfer case vacuum switching valves and the brake booster however. This is all on the exhaust side of the engine only.

At the intake side of the engine, you should have one boost hose running from the intake manifold through a filter to the boost sensor.

Remove all the emissions stuff other wise. It really cleans up the engine. You can leave the emissions connectors dangling and the computer doesn't even know. Make sure to remove EGR pipes and cap off intake and exhaust manifolds.

There are many many lj7x build threads on this forum that document this whole process with pictures. Please take the time to search. It's all been discussed many times before.
Thanks mate. Its all pretty straightforward from what I've seen on here. The only part that's thrown me off course is the fact that the vacuum lines have been touched previously without removing the egr so am not sure what's going on.

How do the 2 solenoids operate on the egr? I see the one blue one controls the small butterfly valve but thats no set to constantly open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom