Should I sell my FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1990 FJ62 that has 167k miles and runs like a champ. I love the truck and never thought I would consider selling. But I recently bought a 2003 Lexus GX470 from my wife’s aunt for a price I couldn’t pass up... took it out over the weekend off road and wow... the ride and comfort are night and day😂. If I sold my FJ62 I could probably make some nice upgrades on the Lexus. And I have way too many vehicles... and FJ62s seem to be selling for higher prices lately.... should I expect the 60 series market continue to rise and hold on to it, or Is now a good time to sell? If I were to sell, what would be the best place to list or consign or maybe even sell to a restoration outfit? The FJ62 is essentially stock except for new 31” BFG All terrain K02s.

Thanks in advance for your opinions. I am just pondering and in no rush to sell and not looking for offers yet.

Bubbles. Bubbles everywhere. Sell the 62 before the LC bubble pops. BAT is probably the best place for max $$$ for a clean 60/62. The more original the better it will do on there.

FJ62s seem hot on BaT right now, You could always set a reserve and it you don't get what you want, keep it.

Bubbles. Bubbles everywhere. Sell the 62 before the LC bubble pops. BAT is probably the best place for max $$$ for a clean 60/62. The more original the better it will do on there.
BAT? sorry not familiar with the acronym...

BAT= bring a trailer

Your question doesn't seem to ask if you want to keep it or not (you don't) but whether selling now or later will bring you more money. The FJ62 is no FJ40. In my opinion it will never each the 40's mythical collector's car status.
I say sell it now and be done with it.

If you still enjoy it, have a place to garage it and don't need the money?, KEEP IT!
I don't have a garage, nor can afford to pay for long term covered storage, and it is unfortunately suffering from sun damage... and yes, I could use the money... lol. But yes, I still enjoy it.... hence the conundrum.

Could my old weekend warrior now be an asset? low miles but cracked dash and badly faded/oxidized paint and average interior... It was my wife's daily driver for a few years, but I have mostly simply been sitting on it and maintaining it and taking it out on camping excursions a few times a year for the last 15 years. It was in Reno before me, and then Denver it's entire life so no serious humidity or rust issues... just a bit dried out from sitting in the sun too much.

I think I am going to have to do a little more research and testing and mods on the new to me 2003 gx470 before i decide if i should sell. but it doesn't really make sense for me to keep both since the lexus seems at least as much or more capable off road (but could cost a lot more to maintain since the V8 is crammed into a smaller space and I am getting too old for that... lol)

Then now is the time to sell it, I searched for mine for over five years and finally found one two years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom