Aux. Light Wiring-driving, spot, flood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orttauq

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.orttauq.com
I just ordered a set of ARB - Solis LED Lights from Slee and was looking here for wiring info. I have 2021 so I am really trying to avoid hacking at it with splices or these:
1617479304250.png
:skull:
ARB has what looks like a nice harness; it uses Vehicle Harness Connectors that insert in between the head lights and the connectors but I am not sure these apply with the newer headlights.

I have seen a few ARBs installed so I am hoping for some help/guidance from fellow Mudders. (most everything Google finds is for Jeeps)
Things like where to go through the firewall, where to best tap for running lights, and if it is best to even connect them to the existing harnesses.

Thanks

I prefer Posi-Taps in the rare occasion that I need to splice into a factory harness. I've generally triggered aftermarket lights with a relay (or a SwitchPros which is pretty much a fancy integrated relay). Some LEDs draw so little that you can just plug them into the factory wiring - like some Baja Designs fogs that I had at one point - but I have never worked with the Solis lights.

I just ordered a set of ARB - Solis LED Lights from Slee and was looking here for wiring info. I have 2021 so I am really trying to avoid hacking at it with splices or these:
View attachment 2634407:skull:
ARB has what looks like a nice harness; it uses Vehicle Harness Connectors that insert in between the head lights and the connectors but I am not sure these apply with the newer headlights.

I have seen a few ARBs installed so I am hoping for some help/guidance from fellow Mudders. (most everything Google finds is for Jeeps)
Things like where to go through the firewall, where to best tap for running lights, and if it is best to even connect them to the existing harnesses.

Thanks
I have a set of these lights that I am going to be installing on my 200. I need to make some modifications to my grill to do the install however. I am using the Solis wiring harness somewhat. I have the ARB LINX system installed on my truck so I do not need to have the dimming switch in my cab. There is a grommet on both the passenger and driver side of the firewall that will allow you to pull wires into the cab. The passenger side has the most room and is the easiest to get to. I just had to pull the cable that interfaces with the LINXs. If you want to connect to the high-beam wiring harness you can get one of these.

Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Piggy Back Adapter - https://www.stedi.com.au/toyota-landcruiser-200-series-piggy-back-adapter.html

There is one problem with this adapter however. It has the same gender of plug that connects to the ARB harness. I could not find the right end to match the ARB harness so I just cut the end off both and put my one of these on.

Amazon product ASIN B0166WDCVO
Hope this helps some. Let me know if you have other questions and I will try and help.

I have a set of these lights that I am going to be installing on my 200. I need to make some modifications to my grill to do the install however. I am using the Solis wiring harness somewhat. I have the ARB LINX system installed on my truck so I do not need to have the dimming switch in my cab. There is a grommet on both the passenger and driver side of the firewall that will allow you to pull wires into the cab. The passenger side has the most room and is the easiest to get to. I just had to pull the cable that interfaces with the LINXs. If you want to connect to the high-beam wiring harness you can get one of these.

Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Piggy Back Adapter - https://www.stedi.com.au/toyota-landcruiser-200-series-piggy-back-adapter.html

There is one problem with this adapter however. It has the same gender of plug that connects to the ARB harness. I could not find the right end to match the ARB harness so I just cut the end off both and put my one of these on.

Amazon product ASIN B0166WDCVO
Hope this helps some. Let me know if you have other questions and I will try and help.
Thanks for your insight. ARB Linx does look cool but $$. Once I have all the parts (lights, harness and 8020 mounting) I will post back here how I sorted the wiring.

Thanks for your insight. ARB Linx does look cool but $$. Once I have all the parts (lights, harness and 8020 mounting) I will post back here how I sorted the wiring.
The LINX has its pluses but also its minuses. I am not necessarily pushing it. What is the 8020 mounting? My problem is that with the TJM T13 bumper, I need to cut part of the grill out to mount the lights. With the TJM you need to use a slim profile light if you don't want to do any modifications.

What is the 8020 mounting?

Look at Post #150

You shouldn't NEED to use any taps except for the side marker light/illumination wire. This could be ran off of the radio illumination circuit if you have an aftermarket radio. Or go to a Toyota dealership parts department with your side marker harness and ask for a set of plugs and pins that match....then make a short pigtail harness that goes between the factory harness end that includes the lume wire. Same principal as the included highbeam pigtail.

And you can buy a generic 1-2-4-6… plug making kit on Amazon that has pins and plugs.

A have an extra lc200 piggy back adapter if you want it. I installed one and linked it to my arb LINX it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom