What is the best, most complete AHC replacement kit on the market? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really need some guidance. I am in the NorthEast, 2003 Lexus LX 470 witrh 120,000 miles BUT lots of rust on one side of the undercarriage. MY driver side rear "shock" sprang a leak and the accumulator and connectors are heavily rusted. I have deiced I just want the plain shock/spring/torsion bar suspension and be done with it but after hours of reading on the many posts on this forum., I cant seem to decide what LC suspension replacement kit is the best and most complete.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction, I would be VERY appreciative. 90% blacktop driving, 10% LIGHT offroading...very light. Thanks

Thank you

BIll Doller NY
2003 Lexus LX 470

PS- I just recently replaced the stock wheels with 2020 Landcruiser wheels/tires using SLEE spacers--advice from this forum to use SLEE--so thank you. The spacers were top shelf.

Last edited:
Mall cruiser comfort or rugged off-road capability desired?

Are you desiring a lift, don't care, don't want a lift, ?

I had Slee replace mine with their 1.5" OME Medium lift kit with SPC UCAs and a diff drop. I would highly recommend that except would go with stock OEM Landcruiser (not LX470) shocks. It will be very capable off road and ride really nice around town.

I believe THE easiest solution is OEM LC torsion bars, springs, and shocks. I also subscribe to the KISS theory if that falls in-line with your thinking on this topic.

I believe THE easiest solution is OEM LC torsion bars, springs, and shocks. I also subscribe to the KISS theory if that falls in-line with your thinking on this topic.
I am absolutely a KISS believer. Are the OEM LC parts sold as a complete kit with washers, etc?? I don't recall seeing that option when I searched online. I don't mind sourcing other parts that may be an improvement also.

I am absolutely a KISS believer. Are the OEM LC parts sold as a complete kit with washers, etc?? I don't recall seeing that option when I searched online. I don't mind sourcing other parts that may be an improvement also.
This forum is really helpful. You may want to take a stab at searching for the part numbers I mentioned, along with other hardware that looks like it might be needed for the swap. Post that list with a request for help to fill in the missing parts etc.

Alternatively, since many folks have removed OEM LC suspension to upgrade to aftermarket parts, there are bound to be fully functioning used parts for sale at a fraction of the cost (think torsion bars and rear springs mostly, new OEM shocks are quite cheap already).

This forum is really helpful. You may want to take a stab at searching for the part numbers I mentioned, along with other hardware that looks like it might be needed for the swap. Post that list with a request for help to fill in the missing parts etc.

Alternatively, since many folks have removed OEM LC suspension to upgrade to aftermarket parts, there are bound to be fully functioning used parts for sale at a fraction of the cost (think torsion bars and rear springs mostly, new OEM shocks are quite cheap already).
Frankly, I 'd prefer to go to a website and order a complete kit, just to keep things simple and easy. Thank oyu for your time. Much appreciated.

Ramangain’s advice is likely going to save you money, keep a nice ride quality, save front end components, etc.

I have an 01 LX that is converted to a 2.5 OME and I really like it. While occasional, I do have a tendency to find myself doing more than “light” off-roading, and I’ve always driven pigs so my OME is butter to me.

Based on what your use case is, it sounds like Ramangain is on the right track. There are a lot of people that are dissatisfied leaving AHC for aftermarket and quite a few that feel that going to the LC setup was the best choice.

You are welcome to call us. Unfortunately we do not have a kit on the site, but we sell OE Toyota shock kit with take out torsion bars and rear springs.
I used your spacer kit to install 2020 Landcruiser wheels, fantastic quaility. I already checked the SLEE website, your out of stock for the 100 Series suspension swap kit. Right?

Ramangain’s advice is likely going to save you money, keep a nice ride quality, save front end components, etc.

I have an 01 LX that is converted to a 2.5 OME and I really like it. While occasional, I do have a tendency to find myself doing more than “light” off-roading, and I’ve always driven pigs so my OME is butter to me.

Based on what your use case is, it sounds like Ramangain is on the right track. There are a lot of people that are dissatisfied leaving AHC for aftermarket and quite a few that feel that going to the LC setup was the best choice.
I just got off the phone with Christo Slee, he was super helpful and put togehter all the parts required for $800. I couldn't ask for any better service. Thank you SLEE.

Thanks for the advice. I just got off the phone with Christo Slee, he was super helpful and put togehter all the parts required for $800. I couldn't ask for any better service. Thank you SLEE. Thnak you Ramangain.

I had Slee replace mine with their 1.5" OME Medium lift kit with SPC UCAs and a diff drop. I would highly recommend that except would go with stock OEM Landcruiser (not LX470) shocks. It will be very capable off road and ride really nice around town.
I spoke with Slee, no need for OME torsion bars because I'm jusat cruising around mainly...very little off road and even then its light. He put together the parts I will need for $800. Can't ask for better than that. Thank you for the advice.

You are welcome to call us. Unfortunately we do not have a kit on the site, but we sell OE Toyota shock kit with take out torsion bars and rear springs.
That would make a nice additional option on the website

I spoke with Slee, no need for OME torsion bars because I'm jusat cruising around mainly...very little off road and even then its light. He put together the parts I will need for $800. Can't ask for better than that. Thank you for the advice.
That’s awesome you got hooked up from Slee. Great example of someone asking forum for advice, and getting parts from forum supporting vendors. I made a commitment a couple years ago to be better about that kind of reciprocity in general...but I traded expendable income for 2 kids....good times! Now I get NOTHING!!!

curious how much new tb’s were I feel it’s nearly impossible to do better than the 200$ sway away tb’s

That’s awesome you got hooked up from Slee. Great example of someone asking forum for advice, and getting parts from forum supporting vendors. I made a commitment a couple years ago to be better about that kind of reciprocity in general...but I traded expendable income for 2 kids....good times! Now I get NOTHING!!!

curious how much new tb’s were I feel it’s nearly impossible to do better than the 200$ sway away tb’s
In addition to the LC conversion parts, i also bought a complete sway bar bushing kit that comes with all new hardware and llinkages. I thought since its going to be apart, might as well replace the bushings and hardware.

I don't think you're going to get away with not telling us what's in the $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom