Post up what you pedal (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well said. Fortunately, I have a great local shop just down the road from me that I worked in 25 years ago and that I still support today. The only things that don't come from the shop are custom Chinese frames and rims, and anytime I find take-off parts for less than half off. You've commented on my gravel build and I really am torn between the custom frame and getting one of the Warakins that they have coming in in late April or early May. The shop has been having issues getting me the fork for my single speed since last fall. Luckily it's still ski season here so no rush just yet.
Depending on the anticipated price, delivery period, and final 'differences' of your custom frame as compared to the OTSO, you may find yourself splitting hairs to not just buy the OTSO. No doubt you'll find that bridge soon enough. As for the fork search, I'll reckon they're just the sitting in line watching online inventories like the rest of the shops/customers in the world. That may be a part you have to source elsewhere (international or used), or forego for the time being, as my previous global supply chain comments have echoed. Unfortunately, your LBS is probably too small of an account to be able to grab an early pre-order, or be able afford a pre-order large enough to capture some of these goods for MY21. With that, they're stuck waiting for backed up shipping containers and MINIMAL inventory that the rest of the country's LBS are also eyeing. As you may know, there are only so many domestic distributors of some brands, so the buying floor is PACKED. Buying a complete bike is more pertinent than ever to secure some components right now, as the bike manufacturers are sometimes the ONLY customers big enough to buy-in or be given priority over piece-meal consumers.

Just as a side note, I’ve had good luck in the buy/sell section of Pinkbike finding TRP brakes and other desirable parts for fair prices from bike shops in smaller-tier markets.

I just got this last year 2020 Marin Bobcat Trail 3

IMG_20200423_200809_766.jpg

I've been riding my All City Space Horse for almost three years now. Most of my miles are from commuting and from endurance-style rides. This is from a short gravel ride on Saturday near North Bend. I know, I know, I should have taken a photo of the drivetrain side. :) It's just Shimano Tiagra.

IMG_2702.JPG

New steed for 2021. Forbidden Druid mullet

View attachment 2631806
$6 it’s made in the same factory as the SC Nomad - geometry is just too similar sans the idler gear (is that the eccentric for tension?)

— Never seen any Forbidden up here - lots of SC & Evils, but few others currents for regulars - older are GT’s, Kleins, yadda.

And a goof we call them here - 29’er FR & 27.5 RR is what we call a ‘reverse mullet’ - like what I’m doing to a G4 Nomad.

Cool looking - mind dropping a ballpark $ as equipped?

(Trust me, it’s better than my stupidity - still trying to get a NIB Fox 40 / 29’er since ‘Rona production tanked them)

$6 it’s made in the same factory as the SC Nomad - geometry is just too similar sans the idler gear (is that the eccentric for tension?)

— Never seen any Forbidden up here - lots of SC & Evils, but few others currents for regulars - older are GT’s, Kleins, yadda.

And a goof we call them here - 29’er FR & 27.5 RR is what we call a ‘reverse mullet’ - like what I’m doing to a G4 Nomad.

Cool looking - mind dropping a ballpark $ as equipped?

(Trust me, it’s better than my stupidity - still trying to get a NIB Fox 40 / 29’er since ‘Rona production tanked them)
So I built up the frame from parts from my old bike. (It was one of the previously posted evils). I traded my XX1 group set for a buddies Shimano XT drivetrain because I like shimano much better. Fork just moved over and I decreased the travel by 10mm.

the Druid frame was 3,200 I believe. But I ride wrapped and just kinda tossed my parts onto it. It does kinda look like the nomad but it’s a linkage driven single pivot. So the main pivot is just under the idler up high. It gives the rear swing arm the rearward axle path. So if the pivot is the center of a clock the rear axle would move from 7 o’clock to 9 o’clock. A traditional bike would move from 9 o’clock to 11 o’clock. This makes the rear axle travel rear wards as it goes up. The extra chain is there so the chain doesn’t stop the suspension travel. It’s super interesting IMO. I’d love to try a SC. My buddy loves his mega tower.
That’s pretty hard core dude. You have a fox factory fork on a folding bike. That’s cool as hell

NICE. Brand new rear wheel to go with the build? What’s that rim?

The hoop is a used We are one Union 27.5 wheel on a new I9 Hydra hub. At some point id like to get the matching front but my pockets are pretty empty after all of this so im not THAT worried about it. haha

I ain’t knocking in the least.......e-bikes are the bidnezz for bowhunting. I’m a fan in all reality and that looks like it has enough suspension to be a real deal workhorse.

Good on you - let alone foldable, that’d be great for tons of applications, someday I bet I’ll be gripping one.

Big fan!!!

Just rebuilt and repainted my Niner SIR9. All bearings cleaned and repacked, fork rebuilt, frame cerakoted. It was white before and now it’s midnight bronze. Cheaper than a new bike this year and hopefully 2022 won’t have COVID tax anymore.

Took it out tonight for our weekly Thursday night ride and nothing fell off, which is definitely a possibility when I do all of the work myself.

6567163E-EEBF-4C31-813B-3B0CDE8CBCBD.jpeg

E7CD8757-99CD-4441-A688-AF09DEAD6C2A.jpeg

13499A51-A0C7-429E-9CEF-EB69ABB3F45D.jpeg

Still love a good-fitting hardtail.

I need to re-vamp either my old Zaskar or my Ruckus - that Zaskar would be my choice if hub/wheels weren’t so obsolete - sized.

The ever-changing standards of the bike industry are the bain of any B&M bike shop.

Nice. I broke my Niner R.O.S. SS on Xmas day. Niner will give me a 'crash replacement' frame at 60% of MSRP, so I was going to replace it with a new SIR since they don't make the ROS anymore., but would have had to buy new wheels at a minimum (new spacing) and knew I'd end up building a complete new bike and be out $4k, so I'm hard-tail less and no SS right now either, riding my geared full suspension and am getting soft.

What gear are you running, I was 32-19, did 32-18 in Bend for SS worlds a few years ago, but that too steep a gear for our trails here in Boise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom