(Video) Vibration out of right side only while moving at 1200RPM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 94 FZJ that just got a complete head renewed as well as new pumps, tubes and radiator. They also re did the front axle with new inner seals and new rear drive shaft seal. Additionally, ALL fluids have been changed.

The rig is running amazing, tons of power restored, super smooth idle, low and high bands feeling flawless. However when in gear and I hit the 1200RPM mark I get a tinny vibration coming out of the front right side of the vehicle.

Details:
- Sound only triggers exactly at 1200RPM, anything higher or lower and it’s super quiet and normal you can almost miss it but when you’re in slow traffic it’s more noticeable due to the nature of stop and go driving
- No sound at all during high speeds
- Doesn’t occur when not in drive and moving, park and neutral across the entire band is nice and normal
- car is at 220k, 2.5 OME lift

Drove near our retaining wall to record the sound better: Video of sound here

Would love your thoughts on what this could be- exhaust perhaps? Loose shield? U joint?

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Have you checked all heat shields, catalytic converters, exhaust hangers (do this when it's cooled off) to see if anything is loose/broken?

Have you checked all heat shields, catalytic converters, exhaust hangers (do this when it's cooled off) to see if anything is loose/broken?
X2. I thought of heat shield immediately after hearing the sound

Planning to check all the shields this weekend, thanks guys!

Is it odd that’s it’s only precisely at 1200RPM and moving? I’m really hoping it’s not in the axle or tranny related lol

Planning to check all the shields this weekend, thanks guys!

Is it odd that’s it’s only precisely at 1200RPM and moving? I’m really hoping it’s not in the axle or tranny related lol
It sounds tinny to me. But then again I'm around fighter jets all day so I can't hear s***. Huh?

Finally caught it making the sound on idle this morning. It’s the cat! Gonna bang it a little with a mallet while the wife revs 😂

To lure the cat away from the vehicle I've found that putting some tuna in a bowl set about 15 feet away in the lawn works well.

Otherwise, don't bang on catalytic converter too hard, you can break
the internal substrate loose, then it will be busted. Check the heat shields
around/above the converters or on the downpipes from the manifold if your model has those??

You can take a short section of hose or tubing, hold one end up to your ear
and the other end near the possible noise source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom