Victory 4x4 rear bumper issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had the Victory 4x4 front bumper installed and 100% happy and satisfied with the product. However...
I am having some issues with the Victory 4x4 rear bumper?
1. The bolts don’t line up in the back.
E7623A40-BB5B-41CC-A833-B3C5E74F6513.jpeg

The resolution from Victory 4x4 is to drill new holes, install a plate with new hardware. They sent the “plate kit” following my inquiry.

2. The powder coat job was sloppy
CC8B2ECF-F211-41E0-9C46-363E1D759632.jpeg

Victory 4x4’s resolution was to give me a partial refund on the powder coat.

3. Placement of the RIGHT light and issues with my stock muffler melting my Baja Designs light.
1FC848FA-DA5D-4064-8534-0476772887B4.jpeg

56F671C5-891E-4C84-B3E5-1C74B01CF2B7.jpeg

16AF6A2B-7686-4CA2-99B1-A5AA0D03EDB0.jpeg

According to Victoey 4x4, my muffler was modified with a shorter tip. However, I don’t have any record of modifying my muffler.

I was just wondering if there were any other people who purchased the rear bumper from Victory 4x4 having similar issues.

I had a handful of issues with my front bumper from them.... they have since sent a new one but I haven't had a chance to fit it up yet. IT sucks because I really like the look of their products and the website is easy to navigate but it seems like they rushed things to market.

I would not but again from them. YMMV.

edit: new bumper fits very well. No longer rubbing the fender

Last edited:
I would take a sawsall to your rear resonator. Had to do that to my 4x4 labs bumper and zero change in sound. I cut it off at a certain angle so it kind of angles out towards the rear passenger wheel. no exhaust fumes in the cabin.

Sorry to hear a bout the rest of the issues. Seems like a growing trend with Victory. hopefully they get you taken care of.

I wouldn’t remove the resonator but you could get a turndown welded on it to divert the exhaust.

I’m really surprised at the complete miss where the bumper bolts to the cross member- I’m guessing they modified their 80 series design to fit the 100 and whoever welded that plate in picked the wrong one.

The buckshot you see is under the powder coat- its MIG spatter- sloppy finish work- that should have been ground off before it was sent to PC.

1) It looks like the bumper was modeled on a 100 with the "In-bumper" hitch... has different bolt spacing.

100 Series Recovery Point Question | Page 2 | IH8MUD Forum

2) x2 on welding spatter under the powder coating that wasn't cleaned off.

3) My '98 resonator tip looks more like this... (not my pic though)

Rear Muffler Removal | IH8MUD Forum

I would take a sawsall to your rear resonator. Had to do that to my 4x4 labs bumper and zero change in sound. I cut it off at a certain angle so it kind of angles out towards the rear passenger wheel. no exhaust fumes in the cabin.

Sorry to hear a bout the rest of the issues. Seems like a growing trend with Victory. hopefully they get you taken care of.
Planning on taking off the resonator and redirecting the tip towards the rear passenger wheel. Thanks for the suggestion!

1) It looks like the bumper was modeled on a 100 with the "In-bumper" hitch... has different bolt spacing.

100 Series Recovery Point Question | Page 2 | IH8MUD Forum

2) x2 on welding spatter under the powder coating that wasn't cleaned off.

3) My '98 resonator tip looks more like this... (not my pic though)

Rear Muffler Removal | IH8MUD Forum
Yea, the bolt pattern was frustrating. They should have an option for different hitch configurations (in-bumper versus external)
The picture of the muffler is the exact same picture victory sent me. Lol. I’m planning to just cut it off the resonator and redirecting the tip toward the rear passenger. Thanks for your input!

10/10 ur resonator was modded.

I had the Victory 4x4 front bumper installed and 100% happy and satisfied with the product. However...
I am having some issues with the Victory 4x4 rear bumper?
1. The bolts don’t line up in the back. View attachment 2630919
The resolution from Victory 4x4 is to drill new holes, install a plate with new hardware. They sent the “plate kit” following my inquiry.

2. The powder coat job was sloppy
View attachment 2630920
Victory 4x4’s resolution was to give me a partial refund on the powder coat.

3. Placement of the RIGHT light and issues with my stock muffler melting my Baja Designs light.
View attachment 2631043

View attachment 2630922

View attachment 2630923
What is the spacing like between the body and the bumper? I just put one on from them as well. Same issue with the rear bolts not lining up in the rear, but it also seems to have more space between the body then what seems right. Can you pos pics of the whole bumper? I had to lower my muffler.

I liked the look of the bumper too, however, both side brackets that they sent me on mine did not line up with the 100 series and the bumper itself. I told them the issue and told them they had to set back the end plates 1 inch and they just sent me the same wrong brackets again. I wonder if the 100 series they used to design the bumper is different or modified. I actually had to cut and reweld their design to get the bumper to work with the 100 series.

The Cruiser they use for fabbing designs from is a later model. Mine has been used for some modeling for early models, but not for the bumpers. I have the first prototype of the front Strike bumper on mine and there is a gap due to a difference in the front valance from early to later models. I have had no bad experiences with their products, however, all of my products were installed by one of their engineers.

I liked the look of the bumper too, however, both side brackets that they sent me on mine did not line up with the 100 series and the bumper itself. I told them the issue and told them they had to set back the end plates 1 inch and they just sent me the same wrong brackets again. I wonder if the 100 series they used to design the bumper is different or modified. I actually had to cut and reweld their design to get the bumper to work with the 100 series.
I think they make good products but attention to detail seems missing at times.....

Installed the tire carrier this week. Looks good so far and will get the tire on there soon as soon as I get the wiring for the tag and extra brake lights hooked up.
One thing to keep in mind that the latch for the hanger is a trick to install after the bumper is installed. It needs to go on before the bumper is installed. I had to be crafty and go through the rear reverse light hole on the bumper. Taped a nut to a wrench and fit small hands through the light hole and held the nut up to the hole while I screwed the nut. Turned on yet?

DC613F9E-0FE2-4F00-83DD-283308A033EC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom