What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A lot of things taken off this week...

Waiting for CCOT fenders (hoping they fit okay) to come in. CCOTs HFS front bumper is extremely thick and very shiny, a little too shiny for Lola here. I installed new fog lights that SOR sells, the quality is really nice.
86767F33-6A8A-4D7C-B99A-664636D44EAD.jpeg

Also installed CCOT rear bumperettes and got myself a new ball hitch.

Committed a sin and went with heep rear fender flares because the ones on there were cracked and gross. Cheap and hopefully temporary.

9EE57450-35D3-4143-9EDA-BE39BD67C8B2.jpeg
8B832A80-6C5F-4375-9B39-7C7F19979098.jpeg

A lot of things taken off this week...

Waiting for CCOT fenders (hoping they fit okay) to come in. CCOTs HFS front bumper is extremely thick and very shiny, a little too shiny for Lola here. I installed new fog lights that SOR sells, the quality is really nice.
View attachment 2628676

Also installed CCOT rear bumperettes and got myself a new ball hitch.

Committed a sin and went with heep rear fender flares because the ones on there were cracked and gross. Cheap and hopefully temporary.

View attachment 2628677View attachment 2628678
Oh wow, very interesting tail light choice. What are the future plans for this build?

As of right now being a kid in university, Nothing too pretty functional rebuild.

Nothing extreme, just making things work. 5-10 years from now hopefully a new aluminum tub.
Yea, mine is to basically make it as cool as it can get with a high school budget haha. I got mine early, it needed a lot of work but it’s about to be pretty good. Fun to see other young forty owners haha

As of right now being a kid in university, Nothing too pretty functional rebuild.

Nothing extreme, just making things work. 5-10 years from now hopefully a new aluminum tub.

Yea, mine is to basically make it as cool as it can get with a high school budget haha. I got mine early, it needed a lot of work but it’s about to be pretty good. Fun to see other young forty owners haha
I got mine when I was in high school. It's hard to have a limited budget, although I feel like it's worse now... But anyway! Enjoy guys!

Thought about you the other day, @Purpleaction. I was in downtown Pensacola for lunch.

First time in Pensacola? What did you think of it? Where did you eat? Feel free to contact me if your ever back in Pcola,
I would be happy to buy you a beer.

57D0684F-8E93-49D2-AE1B-BFA6B5F7C856.jpeg

Photo op with my little granddaughter and not only will she NOT put her hands on the steering wheel for that “Aww, how cool is that” :steer: pic..... I can’t even get her to look up!

First time in Pensacola? What did you think of it? Where did you eat? Feel free to contact me if your ever back in Pcola,
I would be happy to buy you a beer.
Been going to that area most of my life since I grew up in Mississippi. I have family in Fairhope, and my dad lives in Pcola now. Had a great lunch at Oar House by Bayou Chico. I get down there several times a year, so I’d love to get a beer next time!

I’m impressed at how well downtown has grown. Super cool place!

Second coat of marine enamel on the roof. Did the roll and tip method but the brush strokes didn’t level out?? Any advice out there? Should I have thinned it?
View attachment 2627244
I’ve done a fair amount of roll and tip on my boat trim and it turns out pretty nice using a small amount of a ”special“ thinner. Probably nothing special about it but it was the same brand and on the shelf right next to the paint. I’ve had some spots that looked about like yours and I lightly sanded and hit with another thinned coat and it smoothed out nicely for my purposes. Your roof looks about as good as the gel coat I put on after reglassing my top. I thought about sanding it again and giving another go but.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom