New Camp Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just took delivery of an M-416 clone, and took it on its inaugural trip.
I have a few items to address (like that snaggletoothed Jack stand) but I think I’m going to really enjoy this style of camping.

1C308315-BC4E-4EE7-B2D5-3EF5EA4E5516.jpeg

654D99C7-B936-458D-99E4-2358A670267B.jpeg

6C3952F4-F8C5-422B-9A20-0CA9670E0DBA.jpeg

7BCBDE7E-4956-4644-97FC-5F1AC4270DF7.jpeg

Details on the trailer?
Little 1-man show, outta Northern Cal.
Some good engineering, and acceptable build quality mostly. A few things need to be addressed.
I‘m not going to name the company publicly, because I have some real issues with his timeliness and communication.
If you want my true thoughts, hit me via pm.

Some good engineering, and acceptable build quality mostly. A few things need to be addressed.
I‘m not going to name the company publicly, because I have some real issues with his timeliness and communication.
Sucks to hear that. Norcal is a bit too far for me but besides the issues, it looks like a cool setup. I hope everything works out for you and you can enjoy it! 😁👍

Imperfections and challenges aside:
  1. How does it tow with the GX?
  2. Dry weight and GVWR?
  3. As it sits, how tall is it?
  4. Anything you DON'T like about the setup (e.g. tent too small, tongue weight too high, turning radius a mess, blah blah blah)?
I keep thinking I want/need something similar for my GX. Fun to camp vicariously via others I suppose......thanks in advance!

--t

Imperfections and challenges aside:
  1. How does it tow with the GX?
  2. Dry weight and GVWR?
  3. As it sits, how tall is it?
  4. Anything you DON'T like about the setup (e.g. tent too small, tongue weight too high, turning radius a mess, blah blah blah)?
I keep thinking I want/need something similar for my GX. Fun to camp vicariously via others I suppose......thanks in advance!

--t
-Tows well. Just got back from a trip today...up and over the Cascades. If I remember to downshift to 4th, I can maintain speeds and even accelerate uphill. I have a Scan Gauge and keep an eye on oil temp and transmission temp.
-Dry weight about 900 lbs (with 32” tires and RTT rack). No GVWR given. 3500 lb axel though.
-6’ tall to top of rack. 7.5’ with RTT. I have an awning on opposite side and it’s high enough for head clearance
-love the storage, ease of making and breaking camp, sleeping off the ground, being able to uncouple trailer to establish camp and have vehicle free to explore, get more whisky, or bugout In an emergency (primarily thinking medical here, not some ridiculous zombie fantasy).
-Would not want to have to back up a narrow trail if forward progress was somehow halted.

CA32C336-59A4-4E2F-878F-D6CE7B8C477C.jpeg

63C63754-DFB9-4589-B768-2B2CBEA88E74.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom