REAL TIME HELP, broken distributor. Stuck in Moab. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dizzy on my 1977 FJ40 is chewing itself to shreds. I’m in Moab and I need to get back home to Idaho or to my Parents in Colorado. Does anyone know where I can get a working dizzy ASAP? The local shops don’t carry any (not that I’m surprised at that).
Still got the factory 2F. It currently has a Mallory magnetic dizzy.
If you can help or have ideas, feel free to call or text me. 208 93 11 409
Chance

At one time the were some folks running Chevy in-line 6 cyl distributors from I think, Man-a-fre. Might be an available option if you can find one near by.

Other opinions on this encouraged.

Full of metal

CF9CB60D-4E91-4205-A6AA-DBEF3581BE9A.jpeg

looks like the rotor must be touching the cap. may be normal.

I was able to get a factory dizzy with a new cap and rotor. Does anyone know how to rewire to use the MSD box with the factory dizzy? I don’t have the factory igniter anymore to my knowledge. I don’t know much about wiring or ignition.

Proffitts cruisers isn't far but it's the weekend. Try the rising sun 4x4 forum. They might have someone out that way. The other option is to buy one online and have it overnighted.
Profits is about 5 hours from moab

I think Proffitt's is in Orchard city. I've never been to Proffitt's but orchard city is only about 45 minutes from Grand junction.
I broke my pinion on find and things. It was an all day trip to chase the third member from Proffits I was thankful for them though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom