Tire buying advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our 2002 Tundra needs tires, among other things. My mechanic recommended a set of Nikoan Rottiva AT's. I'm not familiar with this tire, are you? Any good or bad feedback on these is appreciated. They are much less expensive than the KO2's I've had on these since we bought it 4 years ago.

go to tirerack.com. Enter your vehicle information and pick your size. Lots of options and tire rack pricing is hard to beat. If they have a service center near you they often have deals on the mounting balancing too. I bought 4 wheels with winter tires mounted and balanced for my Tiguan and it was $850 and I picked them up at the warehouse.

Our 2002 Tundra needs tires, among other things. My mechanic recommended a set of Nikoan Rottiva AT's. I'm not familiar with this tire, are you? Any good or bad feedback on these is appreciated. They are much less expensive than the KO2's I've had on these since we bought it 4 years ago.

Their website does not list how many plies the tires are, that’s my only concern 6+ plies are ideal.

otherwise if they are cheaper get them, also I’m not a huge fan of the k02’s they only are a 3 ply sidewall so if they are the same and a cheaper tire. Then jump

they seems to be in with discount tire pretty good, also a European company if that matters

1617131405352.png

what do you you use the truck for? pavement, gravel, light dirt road wheeling, rock crawling, mud and snow? do you load it super heavy or just passenger loads? lots of factors that will affect what’s right for your truck

check out the milestars, they come in as a lt tire and are pretty easy on the wallet. nexty set of tires on the truck for me is going to be the mts

nokian makes great winter tires and are a good brand. the rotiiva seems like a pretty mild tread. their rockproof tire looks like a better truck tire.

i have some of their winter tires on my van and they are the best winter tire i’ve ever had hands down. but they look like they should be on a van. not a truck or 4x4

Mostly for working around our ranch. No paved roads. We have, in the past, asked a lot of it. Like loading the pipe rack up with a LOT of lumber, then driving it straight up a 19' slope.

i’d suggest you go with a little more aggressive tread for that. if you’re not in the rocks i’m not sure extra plys will really add much other than for heavy loads. they run harsher in my experience but i don’t have a ton of experience with different tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom