TLCA Official 2021 Rubithon Thread (32nd or 33rd Annual - TBD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most Trail Leads will begin separate threads here on ‘mud and more information will be appearing here as we get closer. If you need something feel free to reach out to me at chairman@rubithon.com
Hey, how hard would it be for me to swap over to Jeff's ifs run? Throw me in with his group please.
Mike

Just an FYI as you rush off to register for this years Rubithon, the Wagon Run is FULL!

That's because almost 3/4 of the registrants from last year's canceled event rolled over their registration! All is not lost though, we are keeping a "wait list" on a first come - first served basis to fill in cancellations😉 . You can register for any other run you would like so you can attend Rubithon and so your registration fees, meals, t-shirts and hoodies are locked in, then you can send me an email indicating you want to be on the wait list at chairman@rubithon.com. If there is an opening we'll let you know.

It is likely to be a short wait list since it's uncommon for cancellations on most Rubithon Runs, but we wanted to have the option available.

Important FYI from the Rubithon Chairman

I am presently working on a construction project in the middle of nowhere with crappy internet and I have very limited internet where I am staying. If you have a question I'll try to answer as soon as I can, but it may have to wait until I get home on the weekend for an answer.

Do you have any updated information on how to sign up for the life flight helicopter rescue service for this years run? I have a full truck of family and want to get everyone covered. I know there was some confusion in the past with different companies etc and it depended on who showed up in an emergency. Thanks in advance.

Noah

Got the FJ40 running right. Taking it out to Hollister Hills in the next couple of weeks to make sure everything is functioning as it should be. Also got the front bumper and winch installed on the 85' pickup.

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4218.JPG

IMG_4298croppedsmaller.jpg

That Mini.... Oi, shes a beaut... All due respect to the 40 of course.

That Mini.... Oi, shes a beaut... All due respect to the 40 of course.

check out the build thread I started for the mini.

Why would you need it re-geared and locked to do the rubicon? For ease of travel?
My FJ40 has open diffs, compared to my fj cruiser (4,88's locked front and rear) it doesn't crawl as nice, and it spins way more. Who knows, maybe I'll still take it. Lol

My FJ40 has open diffs, compared to my fj cruiser (4,88's locked front and rear) it doesn't crawl as nice, and it spins way more. Who knows, maybe I'll still take it. Lol
There is a guy who posts videos on YouTube named Stan Fuller. Its a group of people who run many of the tough trails in old Willys Jeeps. Very basic vehicles (for the most part). I enjoy watching videos that go on that level. There was time when people did amazing things without the gadgets. I appreciate the simple videos as much as I enjoy the crazy buggies running Sand Hollow.

There is a guy who posts videos on YouTube named Stan Fuller. Its a group of people who run many of the tough trails in old Willys Jeeps. Very basic vehicles (for the most part). I enjoy watching videos that go on that level. There was time when people did amazing things without the gadgets. I appreciate the simple videos as much as I enjoy the crazy buggies running Sand Hollow.
Totally agree. Part of the fun and experience is the challenge. Running a trail on 42s geared and locked, anyone could do. But open diffs and 33s or 35s makes for much better campfire stories. There is an old saying, (i am making up as i am writing) those with s***ty campfire stories are no fun. And i want a lot of great stories to tell my grandkids.

Does anyone know when Icehouse Resort get s back at it? I tried to call today and went to voicemail, AAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDD voicemail is full. I assume they are still on hiatus.

They are there, keep trying, Icehouse resort is a good place to leave trailers, camp prior to running trail, pick up last minute items, have a meal if kitchens open, have a drink, get gas if needed, usually pretty chill with lots of space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom