Looking for help with small parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need the mounts for the gas piston on the rear glass, but I can't seem to find it anywhere online. I don't know what it is called. I need 2 of the balls that screw into the glass frame and the rear that the gas piston pops onto. I cannot find anything in Nicargua, so I have a friend sending some things to Nica in a week, wanted to order those and a fuse box door near my left thigh. A right headlight bezel, rear glass washer squirter, Door pockets for at least the drivers door.

Any help in what these are called, and where I might find them inexpensively would be greatly apreciated.

Kirk

Start with the classified section, specifically part outs. People are parting out old trucks and they usually have those smalls available.
I looked in the part out section for FJ 60s HJ 60s BJ 60s and all I found was one in 2017 and one in 2019. I'm not sure if they're still active or not. I messaged both guide and have not heard back yet.

I found this post. Yes that post is about adding gas shocks for the hood, but the ball end hardware has the same part number as the rear hatch (68961-23010). This part seems to be still available from Toyota. Maybe your friend can get it locally to him. On that post there is also another part number that looks like it might work--probably for another toyota application.

I think the ball ends are pretty standard because you can purchase aftermarket struts and they snap right on.

Also Mcmaster has a selection of ball studs and other mounts. I have good experience with them having fast delivery (I suppose it depends how close you are to a warehouse).

I believe when I replaced my struts for the rear hatch, you actually had to replace the ball ends they connect to as part of the install. The Toyota ones didn't fit on the strut. If you order new struts its possible you will get the ball ends with them. You might not need the struts but wouldn't hurt to replace them if they have not been in awhile. HTH.

Amazon product ASIN B00ELR3TLU

liftsupportdepot.com is where mine came from through Amazon ordering and came with all needed to replace your old struts and ball mounts. the switch out maybe took 15 minutes at most. as others have mentioned, watch your chin first time you pop the hatch. my old prop to prevent the hatch dropping has become my lc protection stick for times when those approaching seem a little sketchy.

I believe when I replaced my struts for the rear hatch, you actually had to replace the ball ends they connect to as part of the install. The Toyota ones didn't fit on the strut. If you order new struts its possible you will get the ball ends with them. You might not need the struts but wouldn't hurt to replace them if they have not been in awhile. HTH.

Amazon product ASIN B00ELR3TLU
Mine came with all required hardware as well. New struts will have them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom