2003 audio sound menu keeps resetting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I have a problem when I leave the car off for short time, the sound menu (bass treble, etc..) resets it self.
If i turn off the car for 10-30 mins, it retains the values, but anytime longer than that, it resets.
I bought the car like this, is this normal
Car battery is not the problem ( recently replaced)

appreciate the help. Thanks
7281A36A-FCF7-4832-8EBC-4398C19BE68C.jpeg

I would check the wiring in the back of the nav for any loose connections or damaged wires. If you see the screen flickering or lagging it could be some moisture got caught inside (although it's rare, but it does happen). Did the previous owner do any work as far audio?

I would check the wiring in the back of the nav for any loose connections or damaged wires. If you see the screen flickering or lagging it could be some moisture got caught inside (although it's rare, but it does happen). Did the previous owner do any work as far audio?
There is no flickering, everything except this issue is working fine.
The previous owner installed the BT45-TOY Bluetooth interface.

The first thing I would do is check the wiring where everything is connected, behind the nav head unit, to ensure there is no damaged wires or loose connections. I think there might be a loose connection, although if everything is working fine it might not be the case. What about the other menus like telephone, map points, etc do you lose those too?

Unplug the BT45-TOY interface to see if the issue goes away. Troubleshooting 101

The first thing I would do is check the wiring where everything is connected, behind the nav head unit, to ensure there is no damaged wires or loose connections. I think there might be a loose connection, although if everything is working fine it might not be the case. What about the other menus like telephone, map points, etc do you lose those too?
Mine has no telephone, and I am in the UAE with a US spec car, so maps are not working. I will check everything in the back.
I removed the rear DVD player in the trunk, can this affect the front Headunit?

I don't think so unless it wasn't connected properly with the head unit, even if it were that this seems like a power issue and the DVD player has its own power going to it. A wire that connects to the head unit keeps a small constant power from the battery to ensure you have all your settings. Sometimes this wire is called the memory wire. Two things I'm thinking of based on what you told me.

1. The fuse is either bad or improperly set, I would check two fuses the AMP and RADIO.
  2. One of the wires are loose or damaged behind the head unit. When you install the BT45 interface you need to disconnect some cables from the head unit to make it work, it could be possible it got either loose or damaged.

If everything is fine with those two points, then worst case scenario the radio might be bad.

FIXED: @SquareOne it was a fuse but it was the 30A fuse in the engine bay labeled BAT, someone had put a 15A fuse instead of 30A. According to the wiring diagram, this is the fuse feeding power to the Radio fuse in the passenger footwell fuse panel.

Thanks guys for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom