Fender Flares... last piece (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TLDR: Anyone ordered OEM looking aftermarket fender flares recently that they recommend?

The body shop is almost done with the beat up 80 I was gifted. She's looking great (name TBD). The last missing piece(s)...the ever elusive fender flares! I am going for an as close to OEM look as possible. I am not a fan of the hardware showing look.
I plan for this to be a daily driver in the city, primarily for transporting my baby to daycare (with some roadtrips sprinkled in). I know sounds crazy to spend so much on a Land Cruiser to be a daily driver but it's a car with a lot of sentimental value.
Has anyone here ordered the OEM looking fender flares from China, specifically these guys 6pcs Fender Flares Wheel Arches Wide body For Toyota Land Cruiser 80 1991-1997 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-Fender-Flares-Wheel-Arches-Wide-body-For-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-80-1991-1997/362705651951
or from Fjallasport? Are the smaller Fjallasport flares meant to look OEM? They kind of look like they have a different shape but it could just be me. Wondering if they're worth the price, or if I were to order two (they said they would do this) they would match 2 of the OEM ones that I have.
I have kept my eye out on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace and just missed some on Facebook!

Until I figure this out I will continue to drive my tiny 1990s tunacan Civic that I do not want to put my child in.

Thanks in advance, crew.

Why not look in the classified for a set of OEM?
I agree. Find some oem ones. They’re out there. Clips to attach have to be still available.
Overland bound had a video recently about removing and reinstalling.

@arcteryx is in TX
@slow95z is in GA

Both may have the flare pieces you need. Specify year and model (LC/LX).

Seems like there were two styles of OEM flares, “big ones” and “small ones”.

can anybody clarify what years had what?

I bought all new OEM flares in the fall from partsouq. They have them available as a bundle with the retainers needed as well.
There was one they didn’t have but luckily I already had that one.
Good luck

Seems like there were two styles of OEM flares, “big ones” and “small ones”.

can anybody clarify what years had what?
91-92 matched
93-94 matched
95-97 LC matched
96-97 LX matched

There are minor differences between them as far as mounting points, material of construction and slight contours.

I bought all new OEM flares in the fall from partsouq. They have them available as a bundle with the retainers needed as well.
There was one they didn’t have but luckily I already had that one.
Good luck
Mind me asking what a set of “new” cost you? (Maybe PM me, I’ve got a set of used I’ll be selling )

did you also get the mud flaps @ running board pockets, and the flare-to-body gasket ?

Last edited:
91-92 matched
93-94 matched
95-97 LC matched
96-97 LX matched

There are minor differences between them as far as mounting points, material of construction and slight contours.
So in other words 93s wouldn't fit on a 92, though maybe with some mounting rejiggering or is that not recommended?

Mind me asking what a set of “new” cost you? (I’ve got a set of used I’ll be selling )

did you also get the mud flaps @ running board pockets, and the flare-to-body gasket ?
Not at home at the moment so I don’t have the paperwork at hand. I can get back to you but it won’t be for a while. Tried to look quickly at Partsouq as the current pricing is listed there. But my phone doesn’t like the partsouq site.

I got all the retainers and had to add on the gasket and it is no longer color matched and only available in black.
Unfortunately the body shop that did the paint
didn’t follow the instructions on which retainers went where so I actually just ordered another set of retainers so I can make sure everything is back to how it should be.

i tried to order the flares all at once and at that point 2 were out of stock but a couple days later they emailed one of them had come available.
I don’t remember which one is not available and it may depend on your year. I just entered my vin to be certain

as to using years that don’t match exactly the mounting holes and hardware don’t match and can be made to work but it is probably more work than getting the right fenders or flares

good luck
John

So in other words 93s wouldn't fit on a 92, though maybe with some mounting rejiggering or is that not recommended?
IIRC, the 93's are a little wider, so they may stick outside your bumperette a bit on a 92. Also, the mounting holes of the 93 flare may or may not be in the same place as the 92.

Apologies for the hijack but this appears to be the most recent fender flare thread.

I'm looking at buying a '95 LC that's missing all of its fender flares, rear bumper extensions and rear bumper step (currently a 'farm' truck). I'm trying to figure out what it would take to return to OEM. Reading a few threads I get the sense a lot of these parts are NLA, but when I search sites like McGeorge & Toyota Parts Direct I see all of it available. [I'm coming from the 60 world where OEM availability is getting worse by the week/month, and realize these sites aren't always accurate]

So, is it possible to get everything I need OEM, or would I need to go aftermarket/used?

Some example part #s I found that show availability:
bumper side extension 52106-60210
bumper step 52351-60021
one of the rear flares 61061-60903

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom