Body Side Door Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen countless threads both here and on fb regarding the part number for the door seals that go on the door but after inspecting my rig it seems the rubber seals attached to the body are pretty shot too. Anyone know the part number for the body side seals and IF you can replace them?

The body side looks like the seals are attached using adhesive (not clips) unfortunately but would be great if someone knows.

pic attached for seal i am referring to.

9E4C1FCA-8297-44B1-B692-615FA459FDA2.jpeg

Ok, after searching the toyota parts site for a while i believe i have found it. See below. Anyone ever ordered or replaced this part?

1616029250697.png

I have not replaced mine for the simple reason they only come in grey. You have the oak/tan interior too by your picture so those are not going to match. They aren't glued on, just a groove that fits over a pinch seam along the door. When you order a new set it includes the colored trim. When I get motivated I am going to look at either painting a grey set to match or maybe seeing if I can detach the new black rubber from the grey trim and put it onto the tan trim in my truck.

I have not replaced mine for the simple reason they only come in grey. You have the oak/tan interior too by your picture so those are not going to match. They aren't glued on, just a groove that fits over a pinch seam along the door. When you order a new set it includes the colored trim. When I get motivated I am going to look at either painting a grey set to match or maybe seeing if I can detach the new black rubber from the grey trim and put it onto the tan trim in my truck.
Ah good catch. Appreciate it.

Just did mine. PS is backordered indefinitely (weird), so I just did the DS. Super easy to do. Grey doesn't look bad at all on tan/oak interior. subtle difference.

Still need to track down a pile of other leaky spots that make a huge amount of road noise.

I verified and have to correct myself. All other trims got replaced with light gray one.

Ok guys, so I ordered the door side weather seals for both front doors and installed them today. As i was installing the passenger side I noticed the PO had already replaced the body side door seal AND it is in the grey color. It had never even registered to me which tells you how small of a difference it is. See pics below for the difference between the grey and brown. I am now going to order grey for my DS.

5F9A9043-7522-4C25-8D51-1C2D6A2AF896.jpeg

6D4761CA-5A78-479E-B72D-69F579C621FB.jpeg

It's not terrible but I don't think I would get over it being different. Everyone is different though, I am probably just too picky. I'm also the guy who will pull off the road to find a coin that's rattling around cause the noise drives me nuts...

My seals are worn but after I replaced the outer set the doors don't leak so going to leave them alone until I can look at other options.

Ok guys, so I ordered the door side weather seals for both front doors and installed them today. As i was installing the passenger side I noticed the PO had already replaced the body side door seal AND it is in the grey color. It had never even registered to me which tells you how small of a difference it is. See pics below for the difference between the grey and brown. I am now going to order grey for my DS.

View attachment 2621519

View attachment 2621520

Who had the PS in stock? It was all backordered a couple of weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom