Marks 4WD V8 users - question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,
I'm in the process of swapping in a 6.0L LS using the Marks 4WD / AA kit. The AA kit includes a shorter "ear" for the passenger side bellhousing mount and 3 spacers for the driver's side, which effectively moves the driveline 1 1/8" towards the passenger side. I'm curious of the reasoning for this move and if it is "optional". I ask largely because I'm using a "propellor" style crossmember on my split transfer case which would have to be modified if I use these components. I'm wondering if the shift is for steering control clearances. I've called AA and nobody seemed to recall the reasoning and there's nothing in the documentation other than "The kit is supplied with a new bellhousing mount for the passenger side and three spacers that must be used between the bellhousing and the original bellhousing support on the driver’s side. By using these components, you are able to move the engine centerline back to 12”. "

Who all is running the Mark's / LS setup either with or without the 1 1/8" offset? Or do any of you know why it's needed?

Thanks in advance.

:beer: Ramon

I think for steering box clearance
Thanks.

I'm going to try fitment without the "shift" and see if it works. Maybe it will with the Saginaw box?? If not, I'll just have a little more work to do with my crossmember. But, I was also thinking this might be relevant to the LSx AC compressor placement as well. I'm guessing the compressor will hit the frame rail based on the pics I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom