New Member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody!

My name is Jacob, and I am new to this page. I am currently a student at UNM, and I am going for Mechanical Engineering. I have always enjoyed camping, and just getting outdoors in general, and I want to work my way into doing some overlanding trips and see new things along the way!

I drive a white 2010 4Runner Limited that I got my hands on in 2018. I am currently running Bilstein 5100 adjustable coilovers in the front, with the stock springs. For the rear, I have Bilstein 5100 shocks and Bilstein springs (1-1.5 inch lift) with firestone air helper springs as well (for towing a balloon trailer). My wheels are vision 354 Manx-2's and I am running 285/70 R17 BFGoodrich Ko2's. There is probably a list a mile long of ideas for what I want to do in the future, but I don't see myself being able to change a whole lot very quickly. I think my next step is going to be to get a front bumper, and upgrade the front suspension support the extra weight in the front.

IMG_3146.jpg

I am looking forward to meeting you all, and hopefully joining in on some of the adventures that this group goes on!

Welcome to our little slice of MUD. Engineer student, eh? You will be in good company with this group. Stop by this Saturday for breakfast. Order online. Pickup in the restaurant. Come out to the parking lot where we will be hanging out. You can't miss us. Plenty of ideas to spend money on your 4R. Just stay away from the EE in the group.

Aren’t you the guy Aaron was telling me about? Maybe not.

Welcome Jacob. I also studied ME at UNM. I have to say I'm a little jealous that you have such a nice vehicle for a college student. When I was in college, I was poor and was lucky to have a crappy old car (a 20 year old Datsun pickup).

I have to say I'm a little jealous that you have such a nice vehicle for a college student. When I was in college, I was poor and was lucky to have a crappy old car (a 20 year old Datsun pickup).
:rofl: My car in collage was a Datsun 510.

I had a 1972 Chevy Van manual with over 100,000 miles on it. Reverse gear didn’t work so I had to be careful when I parked. Always move forward!

:rofl: My car in collage was a Datsun 510.
It must have been brand new. Mine was a '76 Datsun 620 (Pickup) that was 4 colors, no A/C, 4-speed MT.

It must have been brand new. Mine was a '76 Datsun 620 (Pickup) that was 4 colors, no A/C, 4-speed MT.
Definitely not new. Wiki says 1968-1973. I would have owned it in the late 1970's.

Welcome to our little slice of MUD. Engineer student, eh? You will be in good company with this group. Stop by this Saturday for breakfast. Order online. Pickup in the restaurant. Come out to the parking lot where we will be hanging out. You can't miss us. Plenty of ideas to spend money on your 4R. Just stay away from the EE in the group.
Sounds like I will fit in just fine! I am hoping that I will be able to come by on Saturday, figure it is a great way to meet everyone.

Welcome Jacob. I also studied ME at UNM. I have to say I'm a little jealous that you have such a nice vehicle for a college student. When I was in college, I was poor and was lucky to have a crappy old car (a 20 year old Datsun pickup).

I am excited to see that there are other engineers in the group! I am very, very thankful that I have this car! My mom bought it new and when I graduated high school my parents gave it to me as a graduation gift, she is now driving a TRD Pro. I am very lucky to have my 4runner, but I am also still a poor college student.

Definitely not new. Wiki says 1968-1973. I would have owned it in the late 1970's.
I know you're not actually that old, but it was fun to joke about it, since you're a 'couple' years older than me.

I don't believe so, I could totally be forgetting something, but I don't think I know an Aaron in this group yet.
My mistake, it’s another Jacob that’s new then. Aaron is in Tucson now.

Yeah, that is not me. It is a different Jacob. He is the one that told me about the forum actually.

wait, there are TWO of you? :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom