Quick question what direction is the 1st exhaust pipe bracket supposed to face? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20210314_182842.jpg

Quick question is this bracket the correct direction or is it supposed to face a different way, I can't remember.

The direction needed to access the bolt in the most convenient manner.
You wouldn't happen to have a part number for that beastie now would you?
I did my exauhst this weekend, I thought that was a courious bracket, it seemed to serve no purpose.

The direction needed to access the bolt in the most convenient manner.
You wouldn't happen to have a part number for that beastie now would you?
I did my exauhst this weekend, I thought that was a courious bracket, it seemed to serve no purpose.
Imagine that you went off road and ran over a rock that was big enough to cause your favorite drink spill and then that rock mashed up into the cats. That bracket and clamp will aide in minimizing or even eliminating tweakage at the manifold joint and the subsiding pain in the neck problem to fix.

My clamp is MIA, there's just the bracket. The pipe nests in and is pulled up tight into it by the rest of the exhaust hangers and my rock sliders. I figured it was there to keep the down pipe from scorching the firewall.
Now that I know it needs a clamp my cruiser OCD demands there to be a clamp there. what's the part number?

Last edited:
That clamp comes on the exhaust pipe when you order it. It isn't listed separately. The bracket that attaches to the firewall is listed separately, but the clamp only comes with the exhaust pipe.

I use a standard U-Bolt exhaust clamp to attach mine because my factory clamp was MIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom