1970 FJ55 - AKA "Buckshot" - Father & Son Build Project #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtDauberGarage

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I must be a glutton for punishment or some sort of addict. My FJ40 build is only about 2/3 done and I already have project number two in the hopper.

1970 FJ55 - I found it the same way I found my FJ40. I put a "wanted" add here on the forum and had dozens of people contact me. There were several that were a good price, but too far away. There were several that were close but over my budget or too far gone. I needed something that was mostly complete, not a complete rust bucket, and in the south east. This one was PERFECT. I am thankful for all you guys who gave me a heads up, and helped me find this PIG.

Here is a few initial pics. I will give all the juicy details of the condition and my plans soon. The short answer is I am not doing a frame off like my FJ40. The goal is to get this thing cleaned up, on the road, reliable, and start having some FUN with it!

029.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

We named him "Winchester Buckshot III" see the post on page 4 for the details of his name :)

Last edited:
Don't go to Hawai'i then. All the trucks there look like RC cars.
Dude, I’m in Hawaii right now and it’s cracking me up. There’s a bunch of guys with 4” lifts with 32” tires (they are probably saving up for the tires) as well a guys with wide spacers. 😂

Speaking of those tires. Same tires, same gas station (although different cities), separated by almost 9 months exactly. It's not crazy improbable, but funny nonetheless!

View attachment 2609200
BUC-EES!!!

Here's my 45 at the Buc-Ees in Bastrop, TX on the way to the last Lone Star Cruiser Round up in Nov 2020. Heading to the next Round Up next Thursday, and I'm sure we'll be stopping at Buc-Ees again.
94CDDCF3-2637-4BFB-905F-FDB15C968BDE_1_105_c.jpeg

I think your die has been cast regarding the patina question. How can all the metal work that will need to be done on the front be finished to look patina'd? The sides look like good candidates for a patina pig, but won't you have to paint or have much of the front in primer if not paint? Maybe fresh paint can be patina'd somehow????

I'd say that if it can be a patina pig, then do it!

Also, Matthew, you need a 2021 pig calendar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom