2008 LC Front Door Speakers - 2ohm - 6x9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't see any results when searching for this, but my front door bottom speakers are blown / the foam surround is no more. I found these 2ohm Kicker 6x9's

These would be a good choice for drop in replacements that would play nice with the JBL Amp, correct?

When I was reading other threads, no-one had linked 2ohm speakers we could buy. Maybe these are newer?

The 6x9 front door speakers in stock JBL system are bass speakers. No midrange. No high range. They are not two way speakers.

Those 6x9s in the front doors plus the subwoofer in the cargo make up JBL Distributed Subwoofer System (DSS). Basically the JBL system has three subwoofers to provide even bass throughout the cabin.

My guess is that those Kicker 6x9 may not work well. Just a guess tho.

If in your budget, just look on eBay for JBL 6x9 for Land Cruiser.

The 6x9 front door speakers in stock JBL system are bass speakers. No midrange. No high range. They are not two way speakers.

Those 6x9s in the front doors plus the subwoofer in the cargo make up JBL Distributed Subwoofer System (DSS). Basically the JBL system has three subwoofers to provide even bass throughout the cabin.

My guess is that those Kicker 6x9 may not work well. Just a guess tho.

If in your budget, just look on eBay for JBL 6x9 for Land Cruiser.
ahhh got it, thanks! Something like 6x9 subwoofer 2ohm or using the speaker from JBL 6x9 component

SO... JBL 3ohm @93db would be a better option? OR try to reform originals?

Also, going to add HD-800 CF subwoofer per other treads on the matter.
Yes, the higher sensitivity rating makes a huge difference. It doesn't matter if they are just the bass speakers from a component system or a 2,3, or even a 5 way speaker. If the door speaker is only receiving a signal below a certain Hz then that is what your replacement will get. If it is receiving a full signal, (which it likely is) then your additional drivers will function as well.

Those bass drivers from the JBL Stadium GTO960C would likely do quite well as replacements.

With some minor modifications you can mount an 8" bass driver in there as well for increased bass performance provided you can find one with the right specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom