2007 LC Replacement Door Speakers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver door speak finally blew. I am guessing from old age since I am not the guy that blares music. My question is what is the best replacement door speakers without modifying anything??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My driver door speak finally blew. I am guessing from old age since I am not the guy that blares music. My question is what is the best replacement door speakers without modifying anything??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Check Crutchfield for fitment. I put a pair of Alpine S-S65C component speakers in my '07 front doors a few years ago and had no problems with fitment as the tweeters were direct replacements for the factory tweeters. I think those are higher impedance speakers than factory, so I noticed the volume was lower until later when I added an aftermarket amp. I don't know what kind of funkiness, if any, it would play on your factory amp if you had 4 ohm speakers in the front doors mixed with 2 ohm speakers in the rear (plus the subwoofer).

I have an '02 now and put a set of Infinity component speakers ( I don't recall the model) in the front and had more problems fixing the tweeter. I had to use a Dremel to carve out a good chunk of the inside of the tweeter cover since the Infinity tweeter stuck out quite a bit more than the factory tweeter. There were a couple options for how to mount it and maybe I chose the wrong one. Maybe if I had glued it to the mount instead of using the bolt it would not have required as much space to fit.

In any case, the door speaker itself is pretty easy to find a good replacement. The tweeter component, if you're going to replace that, is where you could have fitment issues.

I put Morel separates in my front doors. Had to work the tweeter location a bit and then hot glued the driver in the plastic triangle. In my opinion, fixing the original one (that was a POS when new), is false economy if you want superior fidelity. Crutchfields is your answer.

I replaced mine years ago with some Infinity components that were recommended here in a thread. Have been fine, much better than the stock - but if I were to do it again I'd likely get some nicer Morel or Focal speakers

I replaced my front speakers with the Focal Toy IS165 separate speakers and this week I am replacing the back door speakers with the Focal Toy IC165 component speakers. These speakers are made by Focal as plug in play specifically for Toyota. They are actually from their kit for the first generation Sequoia as they don’t have a kit for the LC but they are the same size. I also added a Focal 8 inch powered sub and replaced the surround on my stock sub. It is by no means a competition system but sounds the best it ever has. Much better than it was stock as I always hated the JBL stock system.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great information! I really appreciate the feedback and all the options.

I replaced my front speakers with the Focal Toy IS165 separate speakers and this week I am replacing the back door speakers with the Focal Toy IC165 component speakers. These speakers are made by Focal as plug in play specifically for Toyota. They are actually from their kit for the first generation Sequoia as they don’t have a kit for the LC but they are the same size. I also added a Focal 8 inch powered sub and replaced the surround on my stock sub. It is by no means a competition system but sounds the best it ever has. Much better than it was stock as I always hated the JBL stock system.
Did you have to do any modification for these speakers? I have a 2003 Lx470 with Mark Levinson and crutchfield says these don't fit so I'm at lost at the moment.

Did you have to do any modification for these speakers? I have a 2003 Lx470 with Mark Levinson and crutchfield says these don't fit so I'm at lost at the moment.
I have a Land Cruiser with the JBL system (i.e. junk) so I am not sure if what I did will work for you. I know the tweeters in the LC are mounted in a different location than the LX.
As for my application the door speakers fit but the tweeter mounts required some modification. I had a local stereo shop do the install so I am not exactly sure what he did to make them fit but he said it was minor and judging by how quickly he installed them I don’t doubt him. The kit is technically for the 1st gen Sequoia (all the door speakers are the same size) so I knew some modifications would probably be needed.

The ones seen below?
>IS 165 TOY | Focal America - https://www.focal-america.com/product/is165toy/

Doesn't list any compatibility with cruiser or sequoia. Don't we have 2 ohm speakers in the 100 series door?
The ones seen below?
>IS 165 TOY | Focal America - https://www.focal-america.com/product/is165toy/

Doesn't list any compatibility with cruiser or sequoia. Don't we have 2 ohm speakers in the 100 series door?
Here is what I used:

I didn’t realize the link had different speaker choices. I purchased the Inside Premiun 6.2 IS Toy 165 (separates) for the front door and the Inside Premium 6.2 IC Toy 165 (coaxial) for the rear doors - the first 2 speaker sets pictured on the link. I added the powered 8 inch sub but not the one with the 5 channel amp the one that just powers the sub. My stock amp is powering all the door speakers and the stock sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom